PDA

View Full Version : Biker 'chicken'

50cc_newbie
01-01-07, 06:28 PM
latest mcn i got today is talking of groups of youths running out infront of bikers at the last minute. >:(

One biker in bristol was injured on his GSX-R1000 in one incident ending up with 6 broken ribs, a punctured lung, bruised heart and damaged shoulder when he couldn't avoid someone playing chicken.

BB
01-01-07, 06:31 PM
Yes, I believe he is trying to claim compensation which is why it is in the papers again. He was lucky to survive - the 'chicken' kid died.

BB

50cc_newbie
01-01-07, 06:35 PM
thats right
If they will run in front of a fast moving bike...

BB
01-01-07, 06:50 PM
If I remember correctly the story I read somewhere and - and how true I don't know - was the kid ran in front a van without realising the bike was overtaking the van. It was dual carriageway with a 70 limit and the bike was only doing 50 or so. **** luck all round!

BB

50cc_newbie
01-01-07, 06:55 PM
i wouldnt know in that much detail.

Sh*t luck that could have been easily avoided but for the stupidity of the whole game/ concept

goggomobil300
02-01-07, 12:29 AM
Is it in South America where the kids ride on top of tube trains for laughs? :o

It seems that thrill seeking becomes more outrageous as time goes on . . . . .

nicko600
02-01-07, 05:52 PM
Cautionary tale, but seriously the lesson to be learnt is to look at the pavements aswell as the road when riding, you will probably get at least a little warning. It helps to spot the drunk about to stumble into your path aswell.

goggomobil300
07-01-07, 03:05 PM
Having hit a pedestrian a few years ago (whilst driving a car I hasten to add), it's an experience I would definitely not recommend. :-[ :'(

Fortunately the lady was not seriously injured. :)