PDA

View Full Version : Sky TV - Barry Sheene/Classic Racing - 4pm today

kwik
07-01-07, 10:57 AM
Oh my word, my hero is on tv. For those with Sky, channel 442 - ESPN Classic. Showing Europe vs USA series 1977 from Outlton Park and then British GP 1984. I believe it's being repeated throughout the month as well.

I'd never even heard of this channel before today but I'm off down memory lane and to swoon over a real racer 8-) :)

BB
07-01-07, 12:51 PM
Damn, hardly ever watch TV so never bothered with Sky etc. Would be good to see it tho' Sheene was a character and I'm sure the racing would be good to see!

BB

goggomobil300
07-01-07, 02:45 PM
Any chance of somebody recording it?

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 03:51 PM
just set my sky plus on series link to record the lot ....

cheers for that kwik

GixerBoy
07-01-07, 03:55 PM
Damn, hardly ever watch TV so never bothered with Sky etc. Would be good to see it tho' Sheene was a character and I'm sure the racing would be good to see!

BB

I'll copy it for ya BB.......Get Sky+ ya sting! :o :D :-*

BB
07-01-07, 05:02 PM
That would be good, GB, thanks. :-*

BB

(I'm ignoring the rest of your comment as I think you have done a 'Dabz' and missed out a letter!)

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 05:05 PM
just watch both races while getting warm from our blast out

great call kwik :-*

how thinks have changed over the years what will it be like in 10 years :-?

did any one else watch it

GixerBoy
07-01-07, 05:08 PM
That would be good, GB, thanks. :-*

BB

(I'm ignoring the rest of your comment as I think you have done a 'Dabz' and missed out a letter!)

No,meant to spell it that way so there! :P ;)

kwik
07-01-07, 06:38 PM
just watch both races while getting warm from our blast out

great call kwik :-*

how thinks have changed over the years what will it be like in 10 years :-?

did any one else watch it
No probs; I watched it :D Missed the first 10mins as I had gone to Fowlers but bloody hell, fantastic viewing. Is it my imagination or did racers have more personality back then? I'm extremely biased where Sheene's concerned but generally I mean?

I must admit, I didn't see much [racing] difference from that British GP 1984 to BSB now ... especially the speeds! As for the lates 70's racing, deffo a difference :o I can't remember the name Steve Packer :-? And suddenly I was once again that annoying 10yr old kid whose dad couldn't go anywhere on his bike without meeee ;D