PDA

View Full Version : Scooters

50cc_newbie
07-01-07, 03:47 PM
I can now see why people my age who ride bikes (scooters) are so hated

I followed three moronic scooter riders (chavs) putting up the biggest display of dangerous riding i have ever seen, they were swerving all over the road through puddles and one was at one point resting his leg on another ones bike. Idiots >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 03:52 PM
it takes all sorts dude

BB
07-01-07, 04:08 PM
it takes all sorts dude

It does, but when these idiots have accidents they are still PTW's so get lumped in with the rest of us as statistics which the insurance companies use. >:(

What makes me cringe is none of them appear to possess a pair of gloves! Me, I like leaving fingerprints!

BB

jj
07-01-07, 04:40 PM
there are good and bad in all types of driver, i ride a bike and a scooter never take risks on my scooter due to the fact it cost more than my aprilia factory

Dabz
07-01-07, 06:48 PM
I've had scooters trying to race me before...in a very dangerous fashion. That kids are allowed on the roads with a morning's cbt on a scooter is madness in my opinion

kwik
07-01-07, 07:06 PM
Hmmm, I'm a bit divided where scooters are concerned ... on one hand you have the ones just as you describe. Then again, they're out in all weathers and corner in the wet with more confidence than I do ;D

Go back 20 or so yrs and you have the bikers of today, just change scooters for fizzies :D

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 07:29 PM
Hmmm, I'm a bit divided where scooters are concerned ... on one hand you have the ones just as you describe. Then again, they're out in all weathers and corner in the wet with more confidence than I do ;D

Go back 20 or so yrs and you have the bikers of today, just change scooters for fizzies :D

I was the little b...tard with a RD 50 ;D ;D ;D so i cant say to much and now i've got the gixer :-X :-X :-X :-X its time to stop ;D

BB
07-01-07, 07:30 PM

I think it's an age thing - the immortality of youth coupled with a supreme self confidence and a total lack of understanding of how much it will hurt if they come off! :o :D

BB

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 07:33 PM
They will learn the hard way like we had to :'( ;)

BB
07-01-07, 07:40 PM
Sad but true!

BB

mike
07-01-07, 07:41 PM
there are good and bad in all types of driver, i ride a bike and a scooter never take risks on my scooter due to the fact it cost more than my aprilia factory

What scooter have you got that cost more than a Factory???!!

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 07:44 PM

What scooter have you got that cost more than a Factory???!!

they not that much gixerexy (ak tractorboy) :P got is free with tokens from the dandy ;D ;D ;D ;)

plus i would say the scooter is quicker :P ;D ;)

GixerBoy
07-01-07, 07:46 PM
Love it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kwik
07-01-07, 08:18 PM
I think it's an age thing - the immortality of youth coupled with a supreme self confidence and a total lack of understanding of how much it will hurt if they come off! :o :D

BB

Good point, didn't think of that :D

I never had one as a youngster but I thought my mate Geoff with the C90 was cool as feck and Mark with the AR50 was the dogs. God, how sad ;D

GixerBoy
07-01-07, 08:26 PM
Very......I never had a 50,too embarrassing.....Passed my test at 17 and got a 200.....Woohoo! ;D (of course,it was soon 'tricked' up! 8-))

jj
07-01-07, 08:28 PM
its an italian gp200 with a ts1 engine which cost several thousand pounds to build then approx 6 grand on paint work,chrome and 24 carat gold plating just started on the engraving god knows what that will cost

BB
07-01-07, 08:31 PM
Jeez! :o Got any pictures?

BB

jj
07-01-07, 08:39 PM
will post some photos as soon as its done its 1st show if i can ever stop the engine blowing up 3 times in 500 miles is doing my head in

Dabz
08-01-07, 09:33 AM
can't wait to see pics!

simonthepost
12-01-07, 07:39 AM

mmm fizzies.....makes me want to ride memory lane again on my rs100 ;D