PDA

View Full Version : Glad I don't wear a kilt!

goggomobil300
18-01-07, 06:40 PM
Well what a day!

Got blown all over the place on my way back from work, although some would suggest they often see me wandering all over the road !! ::)

My biggest fear was the danger of branches falling from trees, so I just accellerated past the dodgy looking ones . . :o

Roll on the calm AFTER the storm. . . . . . .

gixerjonny
18-01-07, 06:44 PM
Just watching the news 8 People dead today due to the weather...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6273773.stm

BB
18-01-07, 07:04 PM
Yes, it has been a bit scarey locally and we haven't had it as bad as some! Thought the windows were going to blow in at the office a couple of times and was interesting watching the 25m street lighting hi-mast sway from the vantage point of the office window!

BB

Dabz
18-01-07, 09:42 PM
it's been awful today - I drove from exeter to bath 1st thing in the van, and I was being blown all over the road. Can only imagine what it must've been like for lorry drivers.

50cc_newbie
18-01-07, 09:50 PM
i saw a few bikes about as well!!!

BB
18-01-07, 10:13 PM
it's been awful today - I drove from exeter to bath 1st thing in the van, and I was being blown all over the road. Can only imagine what it must've been like for lorry drivers.

GB is the man to ask! We did have one or two go over in Wiltshire but up country it sounded like they had a really bad time.

BB

Dabz
18-01-07, 10:16 PM
I asked when I spoke to him earlier hehe. To be honest it was calm down south - exeter was ok, but as soon as I hit wiltshire/somerset it was awful :(

goggomobil300
22-01-07, 10:26 PM
Took one of the guys from work 7 hours to drive from Trowbridge to Manchester last Thursday evening due to so many lorries on their sides!! :o