PDA

View Full Version : Slippy :(

Dabz
27-01-07, 11:21 AM
got up early this morning to bring the bike home for a wash..it's bloody slipperly out there! Car in front braked suddenly and my front wheel locked up..weaving from side to side. Great start to the ride..then took a corner at my normal speed (not that fast!) and the bike started sliding outwards. horrible..

and the worst bit is that I got the bike sparkling and by the time I rode it back to the garage it's just as bad as before :P

BB
27-01-07, 11:38 AM
You should have txt me! I gotta do mine - you could have done them both down at my garage, I'd have given you the keys to get in!! ;) ;D

BB

Dabz
27-01-07, 11:44 AM
didn't give it a thought - I should have done! would have stopped it getting so dirty on the ride back!

igbell
27-01-07, 11:59 AM
I have been a poof as of late and been going about in the cage, the bike was a bit hairy the last time I was out on it, still I should get out on it as the baby will be born soon and I wont get to play for ages.

BB
27-01-07, 01:53 PM
Baby? that's not an excuse to not ride the bike! :D

I can also report the blackbeast is shiny & clean again!

BB

Rod
27-01-07, 02:56 PM
Mines always clean ;D Black is good 8-) Lots of chrome :) Beats risking it in the ice.
I gave mine a total clean, paint, chrome the lot, it takes a whole day :o

Dabz
27-01-07, 03:21 PM
I did the bike and the car in under an hour today lol...I hate cleaning!

nicko600
27-01-07, 04:08 PM
I own a Honda so every now and then I give it a clean with a hose and car shampoo and lo and behold, as good as new...

Rod
27-01-07, 04:21 PM
I did the bike and the car in under an hour today lol...I hate cleaning!

A hog's a hard thing to clean ;D and it keeps me out the house ;D ;D

kitkat
27-01-07, 04:24 PM
Just back from a Chippers-Shaftsbury-Blandord- Salisbury-Amesbury-Devizes-Chippers run. ;D

The bit between Shaftsbury & Blandford was a bit grim but some of the other roads are not bad - just take it easy on the downhills through the woods bits but I guess the conditions make you concentrate and pick the best lines.

Dave

GixerBoy
27-01-07, 06:27 PM
Locking the front wheel Dabz??? What is with you 'front wheel locking' crowd?? If you're locking the front,your not paying proper attention mate.......And if you do need to stop quickly,be progressive with the lever,don't just yank it on,ok! ::) [smiley=smiley.gif]

BB
27-01-07, 06:43 PM
Mines always clean ;D Black is good 8-) Lots of chrome :) Beats risking it in the ice.
I gave mine a total clean, paint, chrome the lot, it takes a whole day :o

I can think of better things to do all day! I don't even clean the house much :-[ - so if I spend 40 minutes on the bike it is getting a good clean from me! :D

BB

goggomobil300
27-01-07, 06:50 PM
I have been a poof as of late and been going about in the cage, the bike was a bit hairy the last time I was out on it, still I should get out on it as the baby will be born soon and I wont get to play for ages.

I've got a top box into which a new born baby will easily fit :o

BB
27-01-07, 06:54 PM
With a pasty to keep it warm? (sorry folks - in joke)

BB

goggomobil300
27-01-07, 07:00 PM
I've also been in the car while the ice has been around, but on 2 wheels I just take it steady on this grease that results from the Council grit spreading. I reckon it's some additive they use that causes the problem.

(Next week sounds good BB.)

BB
27-01-07, 07:09 PM
Your on, but not Thurs/Fri. :D

BB

Dabz
28-01-07, 08:55 AM
Locking the front wheel Dabz??? What is with you 'front wheel locking' crowd?? If you're locking the front,your not paying proper attention mate.......And if you do need to stop quickly,be progressive with the lever,don't just yank it on,ok! ::) [smiley=smiley.gif]

I wasn't concentrating hehe, will freely admit that! I was in a "I'm finally riding in daylight" mode

igbell
31-01-07, 02:44 PM
Well yes I am sorry to say a bambino will be on the way, but it wont stop me ridding the bike to work, like today I rode in, nice and cold first thing 2c first thing (6:45am in the morning), still should be a good ride home.
Was a tad slippy this morning.

gixerjonny
31-01-07, 05:36 PM
What do you ride Igbell

goggomobil300
31-01-07, 09:17 PM
Spent the day at Urchfont today and the roads around there are LETHAL! :o

There is a cross-roads to the east of the village where I must have looked like Nicky Haydon braking for the junction. I wasn't even going that fast (40mph in a 60 limit) and didn't brake very hard, but both front and back were skidding all over the place on what can only be described as grease!! >:(

So just be careful out there folks . . . . . .

BB
01-02-07, 08:20 AM
Yes, was out to a club meet last night and roads were well slippy so I rode like the old lady I am! :D some other guys came up from Bath and said it was just as bad coming from there. :(

BB

Dabz
01-02-07, 12:08 PM
old lady...pfft!

BB
01-02-07, 02:24 PM
old lady...pfft!

I thought I'd say it before anyone else did!! ::) ;D

BB