PDA

View Full Version : Biker friendly Camp site

alanTDM
30-01-07, 11:24 PM
looking for bike friendly camp site near pub in the Stonehenge area preferably north of A303 anybody know of any?

goggomobil300
31-01-07, 09:23 PM
Here's a starter for ten

http://www.stonehenge.org.uk/stay/stay02.shtml

No idea what it's like but found it through Google using 'Stone Henge' and 'camping' as search criteria.

alanTDM
01-02-07, 05:36 PM
thanks that seems to be the only one in the area but there is a pub at cholderton which is biker friendly ,it seems there is going to be about 12 bikers so i might have to go there and see what they say,see if they will have us lol

nicko600
03-02-07, 06:31 PM
When a group of us went to the pub in Cholderton to see whether we could hold a party we got an extemely cold shoulder. The landlord didn't want to know, was happy to sell us beer and food but that was about it. Advertised as bike friendly but I think that was a gimmick to get more passing trade.

alanTDM
03-02-07, 07:13 PM
When a group of us went to the pub in Cholderton to see whether we could hold a party we got an extemely cold shoulder. The landlord didn't want to know, was happy to sell us beer and food but that was about it. Advertised as bike friendly but I think that was a gimmick to get more passing trade.
how long ago was that?

nicko600
04-02-07, 05:52 PM
That was after seeing an advert in Motorcycle Monthly about June time, we were just looking at holding a summer party.

alanTDM
07-02-07, 05:13 PM
also found out The Three Magpies in Sells Green ,Seend, 01380 828389 on the Melksham -Devizes road is biker friendly aswell