PDA

View Full Version : to street fighter or not! that is the question?

Genisis
19-02-07, 12:30 PM
Afternoon all,
Just picked up a GPZ1000rx 1986 model last weekend for £450 with almost a complete bikes worth of spare parts. The bike is a bargain taxed etc and in really good condition (only thing is the tank is a different color)

Problem is My g/f won't let me streetfight my old GPX 750 that im just about to plonk a new engine into and sell.
So i wondering do i start on the GPZ instead which i think would look nice if done well.
My only concern is that the bike is mint and everything is original. So i'm not sure if i should butcher it or keep it as original spec.
My only idea was to modify it in such a way so that if i sell it the old parts can still go back on.
Any hows was hoping on some feed back from anyone who has done this before. Or if i should keep the bike as standard.

Cheers
Matthew

Scott_W
19-02-07, 01:37 PM
If you are keeping the stock parts and will be able to stick it back to normal again after modifying the bike then go for the streetfighter look IMO!

Dabz
19-02-07, 02:00 PM
I love the streetfighter look, was halfway there with the bandit but then decided to go for a sports bike instead hehe

kwik
19-02-07, 02:11 PM
Another fighter fan here myself but I'd hesitate at chopping a mint bike around ... still, could be a fun project. In fact, I wouldn't fighter any bike coz I'm crap at anything mechanical, hence marrying a mechanic :D

Dunno if you know this site www.oldskoolsuzuki.info These are the dogs when it comes to fightering bikes; however, they only do Suzuki's! But there maybe some hints, especially in the technical part of the forum???

Genisis
19-02-07, 02:13 PM
Same here, It's not the best looking bike i have owned it's the biggest i have had so far :)
just trying to justify it. Like i said the bike almost as she was when it rolled out the shop ;p
But like sugested if i can put it back after might be an idea.
Might see if i can drop the plastis of this weekend see how it rides with out them 1st.

ONFIRE
19-02-07, 02:23 PM
Get a new model.
;D ;D ;D ;D
8-)

Genisis
19-02-07, 02:36 PM
lol Onfire,
I did look at other models like the ZX10 but it's pretty much the same bike.
Main reason for keeping it is that it's dirt cheap on my insurance.
My 1991 gpx750 was around 400 3rd party fire and theft
this is a 1986 gpz1000rx and it costs me 276 for the same insurance.
Thats with a driving conviction and i'm only 22 years old.
Wouldn't mind a Kwak Z1000 but the insurance would kill me.

ONFIRE
19-02-07, 02:44 PM
Afternoon all,
Just picked up a GPZ1000rx 1986 model last weekend for £450 with almost a complete bikes worth of spare parts. The bike is a bargain taxed etc and in really good condition (only thing is the tank is a different color)

Problem is My g/f won't let me streetfight my old GPX 750 that im just about to plonk a new engine into and sell.
So i wondering do i start on the GPZ instead which i think would look nice if done well.
My only concern is that the bike is mint and everything is original. So i'm not sure if i should butcher it or keep it as original spec.
My only idea was to modify it in such a way so that if i sell it the old parts can still go back on.
Any hows was hoping on some feed back from anyone who has done this before. Or if i should keep the bike as standard.

Cheers
Matthew

I was talking about the G/F :-* :-? :o :o then you can chop the GPX 750. Bit drastic I know but at least you get to streetfight the GPX ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D

Genisis
19-02-07, 02:49 PM
lol, Thats a cracking idea. Not to sure she would be happy bout it.

HC8
19-02-07, 11:40 PM
Do it, you know you want to, they ain't worth that much in concours condition :)

i've got an 85 Gsx1100es streetfighter in progress, junked running gear for WP ones and taken off sub frame and put a firestorm one on, (short leg syndrome) blocked off silly anti dive brake system - gotta rebuild the engine coz some 5uckwit builder got cement dust innit

ONFIRE
19-02-07, 11:49 PM
Do it, you know you want to, they ain't worth that much in concours condition :)

i've got an 85 Gsx1100es streetfighter in progress, junked running gear for WP ones and taken off sub frame and put a firestorm one on, (short leg syndrome) blocked off silly anti dive brake system - gotta rebuild the engine coz some 5uckwit builder got cement dust innit

Could utilise it as a Cement mixer Chic, or scrap it along with that Old Anvil you ride :o. Short leg more like a freeking Gremlin :-*
;D ;D ;D ;D

If you need lessons on how to ride that CBR jap bike you just picked up...Ask the family audience! ;)