PDA

View Full Version : March Rideout meeting point and destination

Rayzer
16-02-07, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone as scott w mentioned I've added a poll so we can decide where to meet up and where we are gunna be heading.Thought that maybe we could let this poll run untill at least a week before the meet, and obviously the one with the most votes will win.

Scott_W
16-02-07, 11:25 AM
I've added my vote and lol at the results! :D

Dabz
16-02-07, 11:32 AM
basingstoke to pompey kinda rules out wiltshire altogether?

Genisis
16-02-07, 12:13 PM
Quick Question would it be possible for anyone in and around the swindon area to meet up in swindon as i would love to go but have never been to either of the other starting points before and im crap with directions. Maybe meet xx time before so we can all get to the other meeting point ;p

Mac
16-02-07, 12:22 PM
Genesis...there will def a leaving group from Swindon so that answers ur question. And others pick up points too

Mac

Scott_W
16-02-07, 12:28 PM
basingstoke to pompey kinda rules out wiltshire altogether?

Not really as you'll all get to meet up and then ride together as a group to Basingstoke.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd, given that weeeeeeeee rode down to Wiltshire twice last year for the rideouts I feel you should meet us halfway this time and do a route around the Hampshire area! :D

Genisis
16-02-07, 12:31 PM
Kool, Wasn't sure as this will be my first ride out with you guys 8-)

GIXER_PAUL
16-02-07, 12:42 PM
i know which i prefer but i bet i will ride more than all off you together lol

Mac
16-02-07, 12:44 PM

Well you've got last year to make up for as I didn't see you on one at all...

What else do you want?? a medal?? lol :P

Dabz
16-02-07, 12:50 PM
Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd, given that weeeeeeeee rode down to Wiltshire twice last year for the rideouts I feel you should meet us halfway this time and do a route around the Hampshire area! :D

ahem, title of website ;) only joking, I'll probably lead a group from my area up to mee the rest wherever

GIXER_PAUL
16-02-07, 12:51 PM

well actually if you can get me a rosette i will be happy, are you gonna be popping along dude??

Mac
16-02-07, 12:53 PM
Yep. Hoping to get down GW this weekend with a deposit together... ;)

Scott_W
16-02-07, 01:57 PM

Yup the route you prefer will defo save you some time in the seat!

GIXER_PAUL
16-02-07, 02:16 PM

so whats it gonna be then dude another rr or a black gixer ;)

SkyJawa
16-02-07, 02:42 PM
I'm in for pompey, but not for poole, given the time of the year.

Rayzer
16-02-07, 04:23 PM

well actually if you can get me a rosette i will be happy, are you gonna be popping along dude??

I'll bring the rosette m8 and the pin to stick it on with ;D,what colour would you like??.

GIXER_PAUL
16-02-07, 04:37 PM
Pink that way it matches Neils leathers and we look co-ordinated

Rayzer
16-02-07, 04:47 PM

Ok m8, lol.I'll try not to forget. ;D ;D ;D

HC8
16-02-07, 04:53 PM

can we not have pink - im kinda allergic to it after that meet :o

SkyJawa
16-02-07, 04:55 PM
can't beat a bit of pink........... :D :o with Kawa luminous green ;D

Rayzer
16-02-07, 04:57 PM
What a colour scheme,at least it's highly visible in the dark.

Scott_W
16-02-07, 05:08 PM

can we not have pink - im kinda allergic to it after that meet :o

;D

HC8
16-02-07, 05:18 PM
can't beat a bit of pink........... :D :o with Kawa luminous green ;D

ewe :P :o don't want to see your home decoration schemes then

purple goes well with kawa green tho

ONFIRE
16-02-07, 05:27 PM

On the quickest 600 out there I guess :o :o
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.a rticle&resourceId=6501245&articleCategory=NEWS_NEW-BIKES

8-)

bazzashazza
16-02-07, 09:57 PM

ahem, title of website ;) only joking, I'll probably lead a group from my area up to mee the rest wherever

I'm sorry but i have to agree, glad i'm not the first to point it out ;D unfortunately i cant make this one cos im many miles away at uni, but hope u all have fun wherever u decide to go ;)

Steev
17-02-07, 12:31 AM
Where is your Uni Shazza, you never know we may be able to come up your way instead of going south for a change...

Shaun
17-02-07, 09:51 AM
I'm finding it difficult to vote on this one, but there again I don't really care which destination it is. I just want to get back on the damn bike as quickly as possible and this ride out couldn't betimed better.

Someone said that a group will meet at Swindon, where will this be ???

Dave
17-02-07, 12:52 PM
Question: How are you/we going to deal with the speed variance between riders? Are WB rideouts usually trackday-nutter-bastard runs or IAM-on-a-slow-day type runs?

Rayzer
17-02-07, 02:18 PM
Hi m8,we will ride with a front and rear marker so noone gets left behind,and I'm only on a 400 so wont be racing along.

Scott_W
17-02-07, 04:16 PM
Dave, we tell people up front the route and we split the people up so the "slower" riders who know where they are going man the back of the group, and the "quicker" rider goes at the front to let the fast boys have a go.

The route I have planned if we head to Pompey has a number of points where we can stop off and wait for the group together. When we did the other route last time we stopped off at a number of layby's which allowed the group to get together again.

bazzashazza
17-02-07, 06:38 PM
Where is your Uni Shazza, you never know we may be able to come up your way instead of going south for a change...
;D u fancy coming all the way up to preston?? mind u there are some great roads up here, i got mega bored today and since i couldnt ride the bike i went out for a drive :-[ but some fantastic a and b roads up here so it mite be worth it ;)

Shaun
17-02-07, 09:28 PM
but where will the swindon guys meet ?. My plaster comes off next Thursday and this wiil probably be my first fast one !!.

Is it by that ****ty night bclub in old town ???

harleyboy2
18-02-07, 12:53 AM
hi, i'm up for the rideout but will there be a meet up in the westbury area

Dabz
18-02-07, 10:03 AM
we'll decide meeting points nearer the time when we know exactly who's coming Shaun

harleyboy2: there'll probably be on at warminster services on the a36 as that's where I useually meet people from trowbridge and westbury :)

harleyboy2
18-02-07, 04:43 PM
ok that sounds good to me 8-)

koopsy
18-02-07, 08:20 PM
I vote Wiltshire bikers to Poole :)

Dave
20-02-07, 08:24 PM
Dave, we tell people up front the route and we split the people up so the "slower" riders who know where they are going man the back of the group, and the "quicker" rider goes at the front to let the fast boys have a go.

The route I have planned if we head to Pompey has a number of points where we can stop off and wait for the group together. When we did the other route last time we stopped off at a number of layby's which allowed the group to get together again.

That sounds perfect mate :)

Now, all I gotta do now is find the other thread - with the date in it! This thread doesn't appear to list the actual date of the ride! LOL