PDA

View Full Version : Passing other bikes.

nicko600
20-02-07, 06:23 PM
OK, you are cracking along when you come across another biker, what is the etiquette for overtaking? Do you just get on with it or follow for a while? What are peoples opinions?

Rayzer
20-02-07, 06:51 PM
I normally follow for a little while just to let them know I'm behind them, and when they are aware of that fact I pass them and nod as i go on by.

Scott_W
20-02-07, 06:54 PM
I'm the same as Rayzer...

GIXER_PAUL
20-02-07, 06:57 PM
Me too i try and let them know im there by engine noise maybe sitting in a lower gear or something then if they are a slower pace to me then i will pass giving about a cars width between us.

R1chie
20-02-07, 07:28 PM
fly past them giving the wanker sign for them being slow

not really ;D

all depends on what type of road it is, how they are riding and how fast they are going

enigma
20-02-07, 07:57 PM
I tend to let them know I'm about, if I'm coming up too quick, just read ahead and give them enough space as I go past. Unless it's people I know then I might buzz them, ;D

HC8
20-02-07, 09:39 PM
I too hover for a sec or two then get on with it and go past, especially if they are just sitting behind a car\line of traffic
for no apparent reason, I like to get on with it under filtering i call it and if they are riding slow enough as to be come
up on by a Harley they deserve it ;D

ONFIRE
20-02-07, 09:51 PM
Depends if they're riding like a gayboy... I'll Wait a nano second then pass them.... without a glance [smiley=evil.gif]

If they're going good pace...will wait a sec pass em then go like fook..don't want to look a twat if they're quicker :-/ ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Oh theres more.... If there is a load of them parked up I'll stop and have a chat....let them ride off give it 5 mins or so then catch them up & pass them...because I can :D Git eh [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

If its a Harley rider's I stay behind them.... show bit of respect :-* :-* for second then pass them and give them the [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

R1chie
20-02-07, 11:12 PM
so what do you do when you wake up Tim? lmao

HC8
20-02-07, 11:45 PM

eye second that ;D

ONFIRE
21-02-07, 12:26 AM

PSML ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Exactly Same as you Richie, without the 'wanker' sign ;)

ONFIRE
21-02-07, 08:32 AM
I too hover for a sec or two then get on with it and go past, especially if they are just sitting behind a car\line of traffic
for no apparent reason, I like to get on with it under filtering i call it and if they are riding slow enough as to be come
up on by a Harley they deserve it ;D

Hover.... your one of those bugs I splatter all over my fairing... Only thing you get on with it is washing the dishes, & filtering something to do with Coffee eh Chick! now wind your neck in and get back in your Kitchen..
only thing you'll ever pass is the freaking Fairy liquid brb :o :o

PSML :D ;D ;D ;D

8-)

SkyJawa
21-02-07, 10:31 AM
Hang back a bit and if they're gei tank it past em with as much space as poss :)

Steev
21-02-07, 08:48 PM

You read my thoughts?

LOL.

ONFIRE
21-02-07, 09:50 PM

You read my thoughts?

LOL.

Bike out of the crash repair's Steev :'( ;)

Steev
22-02-07, 10:27 AM
You must have been up all night thinking that one up mate.

ONFIRE
22-02-07, 12:01 PM
You must have been up all night thinking that one up mate.

PSML sorry Steev came to me in a nano sec...deepest apologies could not resist! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
8-)