PDA

View Full Version : what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire??

GIXER_PAUL
13-02-07, 11:05 AM
Basicly some of you may know i work for autocom, we need to set up more dealers within the uk. My question to you guys and i hope you maybe able to help is who has a good reputation and is obviously a good shop around the wiltshire area.

We do have a couple already set up like riders of bristol and we used to have fowlers aswell. If anyone can give me some feedback as to who we should be considering then that would be great..

cheers

Paul

Scott_W
13-02-07, 11:14 AM
Are George White's a dealer of yours?

GIXER_PAUL
13-02-07, 11:16 AM
No they are not mate, where abouts are they??

Scott_W
13-02-07, 11:23 AM
No idea - here's their website....

George White's (www.georgewhite.co.uk)

They have showrooms in other locations as well....

R1chie
13-02-07, 12:34 PM
George White's is undoubtedly the biggest dealer in the Wiltshire massive.

You've also got Taylor Racing which has showrooms in Swindon and Chippenham

Hayballs of Salisbury might be another one for you

Down Dorset way, I think that Crescent already stock Autocom, but there is always 3 Cross Motorcyles.

And obviously Fowlers in Bristol as well

nicko600
20-02-07, 06:04 PM
If you want a trade stand at Salisbury MAG's annual bike show (April 1st, Salisbury Livestock Market) contact Dave Glover 07970 363520.

HC8
22-02-07, 01:41 PM
There is also Burnout Bikes in Downton, other end of wilts really, its a small independant shop so dunno if
its the kind of thing your looking for

http://www.burnoutbikes.co.uk/

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
22-02-07, 03:15 PM
George White's is undoubtedly the biggest dealer in the Wiltshire massive.

You've also got Taylor Racing which has showrooms in Swindon and Chippenham

Hayballs of Salisbury might be another one for you

Down Dorset way, I think that Crescent already stock Autocom, but there is always 3 Cross Motorcyles.

And obviously Fowlers in Bristol as well

George White use to be our dealers along time ago and I actually popped into one of their shops while I as down your neck of the woods and tbh I was not treated very well and didnt spend long in there.

Foulups we dropped as our dealers due to too many mistakes or complaints being made against them. We set up Riders of Bristol up instead due them being a well run business.

Crescent in Bournemouth stock our products but not at the main HQ at Verwood. The only stock they have is for the race teams due to us sponsoring them etc.

R1chie
22-02-07, 06:56 PM
this might help you then

http://www.first4gear.com/dealerfinder.html

HC8
26-02-07, 09:10 PM
;D ;D ;D One less today Taylors went into Administration

FJ_Biker
26-02-07, 09:32 PM
That’s sad news harleychic, is that Chippenham, Calne or Swindon?

The more dealers the better choice we have when shopping

50cc_newbie
26-02-07, 09:49 PM
aren't they all the same company????

anyway if not i hope its calne, they refused to service my bike earlier this month :( :( :( :(

mike
26-02-07, 10:07 PM
So what's good about small independant bike shops going out of business??? Soon there'll only be the big ones left like George Whites etc, followed by them being taken over by fecking Tesco, monopolised and dumbed down, every little hurts... Sounds a bit fanciful, but that what's happened to small booksellers who can't buy in the books for what Tesco sell them for, and then they only sell the 'top 10' so publishers won't invest in new unheard of authors. We'll end up with Honda and feck all else!

Anyway, ranting over! Sad news in my eyes though.

jj
26-02-07, 10:23 PM
so very true mike the problem with most trades is cost is far more important than service,the bigger they are the worse this is

HC8
27-02-07, 01:24 PM
So what's good about small independant bike shops going out of business??? Soon there'll only be the big ones left like George Whites etc, followed by them being taken over by fecking Tesco, monopolised and dumbed down, every little hurts... Sounds a bit fanciful, but that what's happened to small booksellers who can't buy in the books for what Tesco sell them for, and then they only sell the 'top 10' so publishers won't invest in new unheard of authors. We'll end up with Honda and feck all else!

Anyway, ranting over! Sad news in my eyes though.

so you don't like tesco's then, me neither, b'stards spilt curry over my new coat and didn't care - afaik re taylors i think one of them is excepted but its to do with the way its set up

ONFIRE
27-02-07, 03:02 PM
George Whites

Excellent company to deal with a 14day money back no quibble hassles free purchasing for past 6 years... Unbeatable prices!

Unlike some half wit small independant company, 'Artdeans' One of the Director's (moody git) lives down the road from me 'Idoit' two personal instances why I can see they lose sales. 1. Stepson ordered a bike he changed his mind next day fookers would not give deposit back not after one day they said they have llost money becuase they had to put a litre of oil in the little 125. So lost deposit and he went to GW's 2. Director is a miserable git who could not give me the time of day, when I was trying to purchase a Alpinestars suit couple of winters ago.

I am not bitter ;D ;D ;D ;D PSML

HC Don't you like curry ;D ;D ;) Hope you claimed for new coat & the emotional disorder you must oF went through :-* :'( :'( ;D

HC8
27-02-07, 11:58 PM
HC Don't you like curry ;D ;D ;) Hope you claimed for new coat & the emotional disorder you must oF went through :-* :'( :'( ;D

No OF for some strange reason i never liked it, not much keen on any hot (chilli) food really oh and the smell of cumin and cardamom - ewe!!

Clarkey34
28-02-07, 05:24 PM
Just to let you know that its Swindon and Chippenham that have gone and I'm now job less but it every cloud has a silver lining and Triumph will be back in Swindon hopefully very soon

HC8
01-03-07, 02:29 PM
Just to let you know that its Swindon and Chippenham that have gone and I'm now job less but it every cloud has a silver lining and Triumph will be back in Swindon hopefully very soon

Sorry to hear you lost your job, though i know one or two ppl that were disappointed by their demise too