PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done one of those Speed Awareness Days?

kwik
01-03-07, 05:59 PM
Y'know, the one you do instead of getting the points? :-[ What they like???

piglet
01-03-07, 06:17 PM
Sorry I haven't done one - are you automatically offered one then? Because the b****rds have just given me points - I got done twice in 24 hours for going through the same camera(!!!), but they didn't offer one of those courses. I'd much rather do a course than admit to my employers that I've been naughty....

...again.... ;)

kwik
01-03-07, 06:21 PM
I swore lots too ;)

http://www.bristolbikers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=362

Got the NIP yesterday and was actually clocked at 38 in a 30, thought I was going faster than that. Apparently, upto 10mph over the limit is the offer of a workshop. I was so annoyed at myself more than anything as you'll see from the link! Flying around Dorset on the bike on the Sunday, yet done in my rather boring people carrier on the Tuesday grrrrr

enigma
01-03-07, 06:23 PM
They might have done Piglet if it had been the one time but twice in a day, :(

Genisis
02-03-07, 09:21 AM
I got busted in Dorest as well just outside Bournemouth doing 58 in a 50 zone again pretty sure i was going faster. I asked about the course instead of points/fine but they wouldn't give me any details i think it's some cruel joke to offer hope :)
Anyhow i signed all the paper work got the letter saying 3 points and the xx fine but never anything since haven't paid the fine.
When i send my Drive license of for change of address is hasn't come back with the points or anything so i'm just hoping that they have forgotten.

Dabz
03-03-07, 10:47 AM
my grandad had to done one in keynsham, said it was ok, just videos and scare tactics mainly. better than that 3 points I guess

kwik
03-03-07, 11:20 AM
Cheers Dabz ... I live nr Keynsham so will probably go there. And yeah, most definately better than points. I can smile and be sweet when needs be ;D

Dabz
03-03-07, 11:37 AM
apparently it was all middle aged people, so not the room full of boy racers you'd expect. let us know how you get on :)

Amante_271
04-03-07, 07:46 AM
Never done a speed awareness day but I did the drinking version.... (YES I know its hard to believe, but I got done for having 2 pints after work tail end of 2000 - long story!) Turned out I was the least naughty of the bad boys (43parts in breath test & 86 in blood! limits are 40 & 80). Did lots of talking and a few Q&A tests & it showed Im a raving Alcky!!!! I got the highest scores out of all of the group!! Hmm?

Ironic thing was after both of the 2 Saturday sessions (if you will pardon the expression!) we went to the Pub to talk about the day over a pint or 2!!!

Did it help?

Well I didnt learn anything I didnt already know (Ive worked ALOT in Pubs & Hotel Bars, from basic bar staff up to management level) but it did jog the grey cells abit.

And these days..... I might have a SINGLE pint occasionally but thats all!

Pass me the cooking sherry will ya!!!!!