PDA

View Full Version : Helmets

Rod
04-03-07, 11:55 AM
Riding a Hog I thought I better buy an open faced helmet ;D
I normally wear full face in the winter and an open face in the summer. I must comment on the fact that with an open face helmet it is much easier to look behind you and all round observation is better. head movement is so much more restricted with a full face helmet.

FJ_Biker
04-03-07, 01:37 PM
Rod don’t tell this to health and safety mob ;D

ONFIRE
04-03-07, 04:41 PM
Riding a Hog I thought I better buy an open faced helmet ;D
I normally wear full face in the winter and an open face in the summer. I must comment on the fact that with an open face helmet it is much easier to look behind you and all round observation is better. head movement is so much more restricted with a full face helmet.

Well they are doing face transplants now technology has moved on so your be alright with a suitable donor... PMSL :o ;) ;D ;D ;D

As for looking behind no differenace if you actually turn around in your seat. Observation is down to rider's own ability :-/ ;)

Freaken liability open facer's IMHO ;D ;D ;D ;D

HC8
04-03-07, 04:50 PM
Ok odd, any particular reason you need an open faced lid with a HOG, I've ridden one for 10 years and NEVER had
and open faced lid, it makes no difference at all and you just end up looking like those Poofy HOG (harley owners group) lot
who spend most of their time polishing chrome instead of riding their bikes.

do yourself a favour and get a normal lid, that way if you come off you won't risk wearing your jawbone away

Dabz
05-03-07, 09:51 AM
I think open face helmets suit cruiser style bikes personaly

SkyJawa
05-03-07, 04:42 PM
They do suit the bikes, but your face is worth more than looking good IMHO.

R1chie
09-03-07, 05:51 PM
fly catchers?

not my bag

plus i would scare more people with me ugly grid sticking out. i'll stick to full face