PDA

View Full Version : Gazumped at DMA - Never believe a bl**dy salesman

gav600r
24-03-07, 09:16 AM
Hi
I thought I would share this with you, last Monday I found my perfect bike at DMA Racing near Swindon and asked about trade in, I was told they would be interested but would need to see the bike first, fine I thought no problem however I can't get back until Saturday.
So would they need something to hold to bike I asked, No was the reply they would ring me first if anybody else showed any interest.
On Friday I finished early and thought I would ring DMA to see if I could go up a day early with my bike only to be hold the bike I wanted had been sold the day before, I couldn't believe it (sound like victor meldrew)
When challenged, the salesman first said he had a number he was supposed to call (mine) but had forgotten, then changed that to he had called it the day before but got no answer. I checked my phone and had recieved no missed calls that day so challenged him again and this time got a feeble well I might have rang the wrong number.

So the lesson learnt is always insist on leaving a small amount to hold the bike and don't trust DMA Racing.

Rant over
Gavin

Dabz
24-03-07, 10:01 AM
sounds like they didn't care about customer service and just chased the quick sale :(

SkyJawa
24-03-07, 03:59 PM
All too common.........

Rod
24-03-07, 04:29 PM
>:( bad news mate, I really hate that sort of thing

darth_vader
06-04-07, 10:37 PM
thats bad news, that sort of thing really anoys me