PDA

View Full Version : Speed limiters for bikes!

JamesHockley
29-03-07, 10:23 PM
There has been a lot in the press about speed limiters for bikes at the moment, I am not going to go into one but it is not a good idea!!

I have written to MP on the subject (I must be getting old!), I really think we all should it is very easy you just have to go to www.writetothem.com.

Scott_W
30-03-07, 08:16 AM
I was talking to some others about this yesterday and the thoughts are that it's only a consultation paper at the moment (as mentioned at the end of yesterday's BBC news article) and that is as far as it has got so far.

In addition to this, it is believed that a lot of politicians are against the idea - however, I'm sure they'll jump ship soon enough! ::)

Fingers crossed, once they realise the knock on effect to other industries i.e. trackdays, road racing, etc... I'm sure they might stop to think about the amount of income they'll be losing from these revenue streams. I mean, can you really see this government giving up a thriving money source?! ;)

JamesHockley
30-03-07, 09:39 PM
Just to let you know this what my MP said:

Hello, James. I do take this as a serious issue. Incidentally, I am a
member of MAG.

This proposal isn't just daft - it is dangerous. I agree with what you
say.

Best wishes from Robert Key.

Robert Key
Member of Parliament for Salsibury
House of Commons

I wonder if he will be at the MAG on Sunday?

furry-TLR
07-04-07, 06:09 PM
This government comes up with some completely insane ideas this is just one in a long line of them.

Please tell me who on earth voted for them last election?

Anyway there is a e-pertition against this at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ as well as other stupid ideas they come up with.

National Road Congestion charging is anonther stupid idea, during half term etc traffic is dead so theres the solution Mr Blair stop your mrs taking the kids to school in the 4x4 along with all the other mums! LOL

bring_back_the_fun
07-04-07, 06:58 PM
National Road Congestion charging is anonther stupid idea, during half term etc traffic is dead so theres the solution Mr Blair stop your mrs taking the kids to school in the 4x4 along with all the other mums! LOL

thats an excellent point there - start taxing parents who drive their kids to school!!!!

matt

FJ_Biker
07-04-07, 08:39 PM
This is why we must fight against the road-pricing bill, the technology used to implement this will then be used for speed limiters (more legislation brought in through the back door).

This is why everyone who bikes should sign up to MAG of the BMF to fight for our freedom and rights.

Taff – MAG member (mid wilts)

JamesHockley
08-04-07, 10:48 PM
I just signed the online petition, there are only 17 signitures, including someone called Norm Brainer!

Come on guys and girls lets ge a few on there and it might just get taken seriously.

furry-TLR
09-04-07, 01:16 PM
I'm signed up against it! :)

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/limiters/
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OutlawEVSC/

Amante_271
10-04-07, 05:59 AM
Ive signed

nicko600
19-04-07, 06:38 PM
This is one of the reasons I joined MAG. I don't want my personal freedoms erorded.