PDA

View Full Version : on bike cameras

sean
17-04-07, 04:30 PM
hi first time on line,has anyone out there used or know of a good type for use on at track days,that ether goes on bike or helmet.

Dave
17-04-07, 04:41 PM
I've got a cheapo SD camera and £5 HAMA suction mount. Works ok but id like to have a bullet cam as if I get caught with a camera on the tank, the Police will have all the evidence they need to convict me of all manner of things!

sean
17-04-07, 05:02 PM
is that one about £150 or do u mean cheep? i have seen sd ones on web look like bulet but use 2gb card.

furry-TLR
17-04-07, 06:23 PM
RF Helmet camaras top of the range are £150 ish...I've got one and it's amazing worth every penny.

That's only half the game though, you need to find a Camcorder which an Video IN on it...that's not always so easy as most Camcorders do not see the need of having anonther Camara hooked upto it...But if you look hard enough you'll find some...infact I'm sure on the web somewhere someone listed which Camcorders do have this feature.
(Try to get one that takes miniDV tapes...most common these days)

Main reason I got one is I'm fed up to the back teeth of court cases when some twat takes me out and then claims it's not his fault, in the end I've won all but one case and that was due to lack of evidance/witnesses...likewise though if you got one fitted then poping wheelies or doing a ton in a 40 might not be such a great idea unless it's well hidden!

More pouplar option now is Hard drive based or Memory card based recorders, still in their infancy, but are becomming more common now...Only reason I like the tape option is if you bin it then theres a much higher chance a tape will survive compaired to an electronic storage type media...for my use that's pretty crucial but maybe not for yours LOL

As for mounting the camara, really you want it high as poss.....I've not permantly mounted mine yet but I found up round by the mirror mounts gives the best view of the road ahead...or if your feeling swanky could stick it on your helmet but then you got the hassle of hooking yourself up all the time.

Dave
19-04-07, 09:23 AM
My SD cam is an MXJVC (JVC clone from the canary islands - my daft parents bought it) worth about £50. Just look on ebay and you'll find SD cameras for about £50 easily.

Furry - if you join us for a ride on Sunday would you mind not recording? My riding is rarely legal so i'd feel uncomfortable having it all on tape :)

furry-TLR
19-04-07, 12:15 PM
I know been on a ride with you before m8 you'll know who I am when you meet me LOL

bring_back_the_fun
20-04-07, 11:02 AM
These are quite good. one of my friends has the previous model and is going to get this one as its much better...

http://www.firebox.com/product/1732?src_t=sbk&src_id=camera

matt

sean
24-04-07, 08:57 PM
thanks 4 your help ,if any of u going to combe on 25th will c u there on plain gray/blue r1(if u have a camera i can have a look at pls bring it along).