PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change GGGRRrrrr!!!

MikeTog
27-04-07, 02:13 PM
Hi All

Just wanted to vent my splean as I've been struggling all day on and oil change in my bandit.

Sump plug out and oil drained no problem!

Then spent over and an hour trying to get filter off, was so tight! No chance of just twisting if off with hands! So then tried a chain wrench, near got it tght enough to grip but it just wouldnt get onto the next link to get in tight enough.

So in the end it was the old SCREWDRIVER HAMMERED THROUGH THE FILTER!!!

the bugger never know what hit it!

anyway!

Now my Suzi is filled with some lovely nice new Castrol P1 oil and a nice new K&N filter.

Looking forward to the weekend. Pillion ride with the girlfriend on Saturday then a nice solo run on Sunday!

Cheers all

havea good one

Mike

FJ_Biker
27-04-07, 03:05 PM
So in the end it was the old SCREWDRIVER HAMMERED THROUGH THE FILTER!!!

the bugger never know what hit it!

It’s messy but sometimes it’s the only way ;D ;D ;D

Dabz
27-04-07, 03:44 PM
when we did mine the other week, Paul drained it while I went to buy the oil..only to find that everywhere had sold out of oil! luckily I managed to find a couple litres and Paul had some left. Nightmare :D Stuck a k&n on mine too, dunno if they make any difference though!

MikeTog
27-04-07, 03:56 PM
Hey

Don't know if the K&N will make difference but I'm a Brand Whore!!! LOL

3500 miles or nice riding!

no problems again though! K&N have got the HEX nut on them!!!

Now to find something else to change and to spend money on and to fiddle with!!

THE BIKE THAT IS! NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!!! LOL

cheers all

mike

nicko600
27-04-07, 06:00 PM
Must admit screwdriver and hammer when I did the hornet, unfortunately I now have to do the CB1, bugger. I have heard that one of those boa wrenches works well, but I broke mine doing some plumbing.

gravelrash
27-04-07, 07:01 PM
Know what you mean about using a screwdriver. Tried a fews types of filter removal tools this about the most useful so far.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=38864&ts=96692

FJ_Biker
27-04-07, 08:04 PM
Don't know if the K&N will make difference but I'm a Brand Whore!!! LOL

It will improve your mpg that’s for sure 8-)

bubbafred
04-05-07, 10:52 AM
try using a Cup type filter removing tool, the Busa has an oil cooler in the way so its the only way i can get the oil filter off,
there are several differant sizes, so i bought a few to make sure, as i've found the size of a oil filter will change with each differant company, even if its for the same bike.