PDA

View Full Version : gixer1000 to ktm superduke

steady
11-05-07, 10:28 PM
hey folks im after some advice. currently riding a k3 gixer 1000(great bike),but feel its time for a change. considering a 07super duke in black( road test booked in the next 2 weeks). so a few questions. anyone got one? what are they like....robust? stunt tool, track weapon?....i really only use my bike for sunday blasts and the odd track day.oh and now and again i`ll have to take a pillion. (really liked the superduke R but does`nt come with a back seat! damn it!]. any advice would be welcome. cheers.

alanTDM
12-05-07, 06:59 AM
from what i can remember when the superduke came out it was a animal ! good stonking motor but the bike on the whole was a bit rough on the edges.So KTM refines it to what is now suppose to be a brill bike and there is nowt like it!All the road tests iv read about it (think there was a road test on the 07 in MCN 2 weeks ago ) and they and others have given it the thumbs up.
The engine is supose to have lot of torque so dont ride it like a in line 4 jap bike short shifting the gears is the thing !
I would check out a superduke forum to find out about engine information etc and read as many reviews on the bike as possible on the net.
With this info you have a idea of what to expect when you test ride it.
theres not a lot of them about which is good and to ride something different from the rest. Like my yammy TDM, both are unique bikes.
Go for it !!

jj
12-05-07, 09:05 AM
could be worth looking at the new ducati due out

Mac
12-05-07, 11:26 AM
Hi Steady. Long time no speak. Think I saw u at Dorcan last Monday night.
What does the KTM look like? Have you not considered the k7??

marcmywordz
12-05-07, 07:52 PM
Do it.!!...Do it now.!!....stop fannying about and just get on with it.!!....oh and can I have a go... ;D