PDA

View Full Version : Going Shopping

PK
22-05-07, 06:03 PM
Hiya Folks
After just passing the dreaded test and now almost on the way home, into the No Mo's ( No More as in no more Mondays, no more tuesdays etc) I am getting anxious to go shopping. Guys offshore have all got their own recommendations and I did see a ZZR 600 but the consensus of opinion is that it is a very twitchy bike....any truth to these rumours?

Ghost
22-05-07, 06:58 PM
Your best bet is to take your time and not rush into anything. Don't be swayed about what 'other people' recommend. Test ride as many and any bike you fancy and get what you feel happy on.

PK
22-05-07, 07:59 PM
Thanks Ghost thats kinda what I figured but I was just looking to see if anyone else found the ZZR twitchy. I do intend to get with Senior Management and see what is best but cheers for the response!

FJ_Biker
22-05-07, 08:34 PM
Personally I’ve never heard this about the ZZR 600 (but someone will probably log on and say different). This is what I like about biking we all ride differently have different body shapes and sizes so one bike that suites one person is crap for someone else.

Go with your gut feeling its you who’s riding the bike.

Dabz
22-05-07, 09:51 PM
good luck in bike hunting! like others have said, try lots before choosing. I rode bandits for my 1st few years but now feel 110% more comfortable and at home on a lighter, better handling sportsbike

gravelrash
23-05-07, 06:22 AM
Not a lot wrong with a zzr600, lowish seat for th shorties amongst us. Capable of 150mph. been around for a few years. Only downside is the weight, they aint light.
Try afew before you buy, the only way to be sure.

Ade

schwee
25-05-07, 11:05 AM
I was gonna go for the zzr as my first bike, but went for the Yamaha Thundercat in the end - a very good bike. Both about as heavy as each other, but did wonders for my confidence! Good luck in your choice.

I wouldn't have thought the zzr would have been twitchy at all, it would all depend on the suspension set up, tyres and temperature etc etc, nothing a newbie to biking should be too concerned with :D

PK
28-05-07, 08:58 PM
Well thanks folks for the advice and rest assured Senior management and I will consider everything very carefully and will certainly test ride a goodly number before we decide which ride to plumb for!