PDA

View Full Version : Dropped it!

Silverrider
26-05-07, 04:45 PM
Hi folks. I've just got back from 2300 miles around the Scottish Highlands which was brill :) ( I'll put a report together with some pics when I sort them all out). But in the meantime though I thought I'd share a little mishap I had on the east side of Loch Ness. I was riding a single track road in wet and windy conditions when I overcooked a bend, put the rear wheel in a rut on the side of the road and the bike went down, spitting me off into a ditch in the process :-[ Below is the damage.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/bazman_photos/Scotland_May_2007/Sprint_damage.jpg

As you can see, the impact sheared off the front R&G bung, cracked the lower fairing and bent the rear brake pedal. As you can imagine I was not very happy as this happened on the second day of my trip. Still, I was unhurt (being a rotund chap, I bounce pretty well ;) ) They say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger , we'll see.

bubbafred
26-05-07, 04:55 PM
so sorry for you, but glad to here that you are ok, looks like a bit of shopping on E Bay is in order, hope you get it sorted soon.

Amante_271
27-05-07, 05:33 AM
Hard luck mate. Could of been a lot worse!

chubster70
27-05-07, 10:04 AM
well might cost you a few quid - but at least you was unhurt and the bike aint too bad , would have been worse without the crash bungs

Dabz
27-05-07, 12:00 PM
sorry to hear that mate, especially so early into the trip. doesn't look as bad as it could have been though so take some comfort in that!

Ghost
27-05-07, 03:36 PM
Bad luck but easy done!

Beenz
30-05-07, 10:22 PM
Crap news mate, at least you are OK. Hope the damage is not too expensive

R1chie
30-05-07, 11:53 PM
sounds like you got away lightly mate considering the circumstances

damage looks fixable at least, not too expensive bar the fairing

T
04-06-07, 11:34 AM
sorry to hear that mate......... but looks like you got off lightly! At least you didnt argue with a deer, lots of them about on that road. Just back from the Highlands myself, tho was on 4 wheels, not 2 unfortunately. If you travelled the A96 from Inverness through Nairn at some point, then you were probably one of the bikers I was cursing enviously as I chopped down trees and watched longingly from the side of the road! >:( :'( ;D. Look forward to seeing your pics

Silverrider
04-06-07, 06:55 PM
At least you didnt argue with a deer, lots of them about on that road.
Two bikers died while I was up there :( and one of them was indeed in a collision with a dear

igbell
05-06-07, 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear this, but it looks good for a slid like that. I dropped my VFR from standing still when I was in the south of France and I have a nice scratch and a bent brake pedal, all this from a standing fall, I think the panniers took most of the fall thank goodness.

Silverrider
09-06-07, 04:19 PM
Took my bike into Total Triumph Swindon this morning to have it mended. I've also had the R&G bungs removed and i'll swear that the bike is now faster. Must be the lower drag co-efficient ;) [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

FJ_Biker
09-06-07, 07:21 PM
Good news, hope the bill was reasonable

Ghost
09-06-07, 07:40 PM
At least you didnt argue with a deer

There are plenty of deer about down here as well. If you check back through some of the older threads - can't recall exactly where I saw it right now but someone on here hit one last year wrote the bike off and ended up in hospital!

Amante_271
10-06-07, 06:32 PM

There are plenty of deer about down here as well. If you check back through some of the older threads - can't recall exactly where I saw it right now but someone on here hit one last year wrote the bike off and ended up in hospital!
Yeah that was the now departed (Well from here anyway!!) B(lack) B(onnie) It never suprised me that, altho she got beaten up quite a bit, it wasnt any worst as she was/is a tough "old" bird! ;) (If this gets passed on to her it was said as a term of affection.... HONEST!!! ::) )

Ghost
10-06-07, 10:06 PM

Yeah that was the now departed (Well from here anyway!!) B(lack) B(onnie) It never suprised me that, altho she got beaten up quite a bit, it wasnt any worst as she was/is a tough "old" bird! ;) (If this gets passed on to her it was said as a term of affection.... HONEST!!! ::) )

lol! If I ever meet her I shall remember to tell her that! Is she still riding?

Amante_271
10-06-07, 11:30 PM

lol! If I ever meet her I shall remember to tell her that! Is she still riding?

Left to join throttle monkeys I believe! She did like her classics, tho I could never say she was one, in my very humble opinion!! How you take that is entirely up to you!!! ::) ::) ::)