PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Carry Casses

igbell
06-06-07, 02:53 PM
Hello one and all, I have changed my job and I now have a notebook which I have to cary about.
Now not wanting to be without the motorbike I would like to know if people carry there notebooks about with them on there bikes, and if they do how do they do it.
As we all know that bikes vibrate and this is not a good thing for the HDD, so I have been putting mine in my top box with my clothes that I need to wear at work on top to soften the movement.
I thought I saw a while back a side rack for Givi that you could put your notebook into but I can not find this on any web site.

If any of you have any ideas or know of something that I can buy to help me out please post back thanx. :)

mike
06-06-07, 10:17 PM
How about a cheap laptop rucksack off Ebay as an interime measure? They have padded compartments for keeping it protected.

bobf279
09-06-07, 10:04 PM
I carry mine in a laptop rucksack with no problems at all been doing so for over a year and laptop works fine

Ghost
09-06-07, 11:25 PM
Several bkers I know have done the same

igbell
11-06-07, 01:03 PM
Right I have spent too much time looking on the Net to find nothing made for bikers, so it looks like a Notebook Rucksack in the way to go.
Now does anybody know of a waterproof version that is any good please?? :) :)

schwee
11-06-07, 03:41 PM
My other half carried his in a rucksack, but unfortunately the zip opened up (probably from the wind resistance) and his laptop was smashed into a gazilion pieces on the A419 :(

igbell
11-06-07, 04:02 PM
Now I didnt really need to hear that, but thanx for the warning anyway. :(

Amante_271
13-06-07, 10:44 PM
Just an off the wall thought.....

Can you padlock the zip shut? You can get tiny suitcase locks to fit in the eye at the end of the zip (or zips ideally) & if necessary make a small hole to thread the padlock thru so its secure!

Job done! 8-) ;)

igbell
14-06-07, 08:51 AM
The one I have seen and ordered 'Targus XL Notebook Backpack' does not have such an option, but does have rubber zips so I will drill through them and put a padlock through that.
I dont want to look in my rear view mirror and see a notebook on the road. >:(