PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Father_Ted
19-06-07, 06:37 PM
It saddens me to report the death of a biker in Chippenham early this morning, condolences to the family and friends.

Ladyridercymru
19-06-07, 06:48 PM
:RIP:

Condolences to his family and friends

furry-TLR
19-06-07, 07:32 PM
Yup heard about this one...went into a parked skip whilst he was looking down at his zip in a 30...first thing they taught me at bike skool was always look where your going...blimmin good advice.

RIP...thoughts with his famliy.

Silverrider
19-06-07, 08:49 PM
Just read the report on ThisisWiltshire.co.uk. Sad, very sad :(

CurlyGirl
20-06-07, 02:15 AM
Just had a look at thisiswiltshire too. Oh how sad all the messages are :'(

Condolences to his family and friends.....

igbell
20-06-07, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear that, but my condolences to the family.

Dabz
20-06-07, 10:11 AM
RIP, really sorry to hear that! Was it anyone we knew?

Amante_271
20-06-07, 10:24 AM
Heard about it on BBC Wiltshire Radio yesterday. They reported it very respectfully without any prejudice. R.I.P.

T
20-06-07, 11:01 AM
my thoughts and condolences to the loved ones.......... a difficult time for them all :(

schwee
21-06-07, 09:58 PM
Never nice to hear this, RIP

furry-TLR
23-06-07, 11:20 PM
According to someone in the know the skip location had already been reported to the police prior to the accident...makes you wonder if a coroner's investigation will turn up anything to give closure to his family and loved ones.

Ladyridercymru
24-06-07, 02:55 PM
According to someone in the know the skip location had already been reported to the police prior to the accident...makes you wonder if a coroner's investigation will turn up anything to give closure to his family and loved ones.

Working for a skip company in Swindon, I can confirm that any road bins must be issued with a road licence by the local council.
An inspector of the council has to decide where it is safest to place the bin on the road, taking into consideration of lighting, width of road and other hazzards that could be present if a skip was to be placed there.
They then inform both skip company and householder whether a licence has been passed for the skip on the road.
A road bin must have lights and cones placed around it. If these go missing it is the repsonsibility of the householder to inform the skip company who they hired the skip from.
It is possible that the driver of the skip lorry could have placed the skip in an inadequate area, in which case the responsibility of the bin falls to the Skip company.

I am sure an investigation will cover all these aspects and decide which course to take.
In anyway a result does not bring back the person who's life has been lost due to this accident.

furry-TLR
24-06-07, 09:55 PM
No it won't bring him back but I'm sure any investigation that takes place will hopefully bring closure to the family, as at the moment I'm sure they have allot of unanswered questions esp where the supposedly ill placed skip is concerned.