PDA

View Full Version : Dabz – come back soon – Please!

Ghost
30-06-07, 03:52 PM
Dabz if you check on site before you come home from Tenerife, ffs lock down some threads and/or pm some ppl to play nicely together!

This was a reasonable site, not amazingly fast moving but seemed nice & friendly apart from some bitching a while back. But it now appears – naming no names – that there a couple of people who seem to take personal exception to any comment the other one makes. They pick fault and hurl insults at each other, write extremely lengthy posts attempting to rubbish each others points and generally bore the f*ck out of me (and presumably the rest of you?) with their posturing. As time goes on it appears that more threads are getting polluted with this same treatment and the number of posts by others appear to be dwindling apart from the odd plea for world peace or to get back to the thread topic. I notice Graeme tried to ease things and just managed to get sucked in for a bit of a kicking too.

OK, yea, yea, they are both obviously highly skilled motorcyclists/bikers with a wealth of riding and mechanical experience and differing viewpoints that could be passed on to fellow bikers via some really interesting and informed debates on any forum. I am all for informed and interesting discussion, even controversial posts/discussions are interesting, it’s just the lengthy sniping and personal attacks on each other coupled with blowing their own trumpets about how great they are! If you want to get personal take it to PM's!

I don’t know about the rest of you but I just wander between reading these posts to have a laugh and to see how one rubbishes or tries to cap the other ones points or just trying to ignore them altogether!

Now I know I am a newbie and I suspect both of them will probably attack me for this post, what do I know about biking/crashing/not crashing blah blah blah. Or both will post that it was not their fault – they were cruelly provoked by the other one and was only trying to make their point defend themselves etc.…

But how do the rest of you feel about this ongoing bickering? Do you want it to continue? Or shut the f*ck up? Shall we have a vote? I will leave you to guess which way I voted! ;)

Mac
30-06-07, 04:19 PM
As co founder of the site last year I'm disappointed with how this site has also turned out. Lots of good friendly people have gone and not come back. Most forums will always have situations like this at some time.

gravelrash
30-06-07, 06:37 PM
I have been on here a fair bit longer than some and if I dont have anything constructive to say then I dont post.
Everyone is ebtitled to an opinion, but also to respect anothers opinion.
It is a shame that two alleged grown men can resort to such playground bullishness. I get the feeling that apparently then dont share the same point of view!

furry-TLR
01-07-07, 01:57 AM
Now I know I am a newbie and I suspect both of them will probably attack me for this post

No I won't Ghost I completely agree with most of what your saying and creating this topic...sorry for being weak and letting the p***k get to me I'll keep a lid on it from now on.

Cheers, JP.

PS...

I notice Graeme tried to ease things and just managed to get sucked in for a bit of a kicking too.
He didn't get a "kicking" either we had an even discussion with eachother...seems a nice genuine chap! :)

topcat
02-07-07, 02:42 PM
HANDBAGS AT DAWN???????

simonthepost
03-07-07, 02:51 PM
bo****cks to this im off

HC8
04-07-07, 10:12 PM
I have been on here a fair bit longer than some and if I dont have anything constructive to say then I dont post.
Everyone is ebtitled to an opinion, but also to respect anothers opinion.
It is a shame that two alleged grown men can resort to such playground bullishness. I get the feeling that apparently then dont share the same point of view!

I agree with aidy, having been on this forum for nearly 18mths and seeing the results of previous tete a tete's it all boils down to ppl being different, respecting opinions and not to keep going at one upmanship.

my final observation is:- Its always the blokes, do they need their testosterone jars emptying regularly or summit ;D ;D ;D ;D

Amante_271
06-07-07, 06:18 AM
my final observation is:- Its always the blokes, do they need their testosterone jars emptying regularly or summit ;D ;D ;D ;D
Is that an offer sweetie??

See you round the back in 15mins ;) :-*

Dabz
06-07-07, 09:40 PM
As co founder of the site last year I'm disappointed with how this site has also turned out. Lots of good friendly people have gone and not come back. Most forums will always have situations like this at some time.

Perhaps it's best you stayed away then? I'm very HAPPY about the way this site has turned out -it's a well known, respected website for wiltshire bikers and I get countless, regular, messages of thanks from people who have met some really good friends and riding buddys through this site. Every now and then people argue and fall out - which is only natural when you bring over 300 people from completely different ages, backgrounds and beliefs together in one small space. When we all get together in person everyone has an amazing time and goes home with a smile on their face.

I've skimmed the arguments while I've been away, seems to me that people have gotten bees in their bonnets and after revisiting have probably realised that their replies may have been in a fit of peak during an ongoing argument. I'll delete the bits I've found - if I've missed anything then please let me know.

People are more than welcome to come and go as they please...you don't need 'membership' to use WB and you don't have to commit to posting regularly etc. As long as a single person gets some benefit from this site then it will continue.

By the way, it was very hot and sunny in Tenerife :P

furry-TLR
06-07-07, 11:38 PM
Nice one Cheers Dabz!

PS: Might want to check "Mechanic/Servicing" topic whilst your at it :)

Hope you had a great time in Tenerife, you'd not believe the rain we've had here :( LOL

Ghost
08-07-07, 05:55 PM
Bump!

This thread ring any bells with certain people on this forum?