PDA

View Full Version : Fun roads/routes

helmet_hole
04-08-07, 11:00 AM
Helloo im Sam.. :D

spect you've had this thread before but... I wolud like to know what all your favourite roads in the wiltshire area are. Maybe you have some routes planned you like to take regularly... Roundabouts too .. where are the best roundabouts.

Personaly one of my favs atm is melksham to calne via sandridge. Alot of fast corners, some on crests and in dips... but their a bit doggy with farm turnings and things on them. A road like that but with corners you can see thro would be cooool. Know any??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

Dabz
04-08-07, 01:40 PM
my all time fav route is the a350 from warminster to poole - has some nice fast bits, some very tight twisties to play with and poole harbour at the other end :D

RE03
04-08-07, 08:30 PM
In no particular order...........A433, A417 (stop @ Minchinghampton common for ice-creams ;)), A338 is sposed to be good (Wantage),A419, A338 to A346, A46, A361,A36...... anywhere round them you can’t go wrong.

Normally do loops of Trowbridge,Devizes,Marlborough,Cirencester, Stroud,Nailsworth, Gloucester (A48),Chepstow (A466) back to Stockwood again jus varying the routes using the ones above....8-)

helmet_hole
05-08-07, 10:05 AM
thanks Yeh the road to poole is great. gonna brim my tank and head down their in bwt 10 min. Spend the day on da beech! Thanks RE03. I'll have to get my map out

RE03
05-08-07, 07:47 PM
No worries ;) ...... this was nice......

A466 Chepstow to Monmouth then A136 (right @ mini rounsdabout) then A4151 Cinderford, A48 (either way, back to Chep or up to Gloucester) then A417 Cirencester, Fairford , Lechlade then A361 to Swindon down to Avebury, A4 then A420 back to Bath innit 8-)

HC8
05-08-07, 10:51 PM
my all time fav route is the a350 from warminster to poole - has some nice fast bits, some very tight twisties to play with and poole harbour at the other end :D

I think the A350 from warminster to shaftesbury is great and maybe to blandford its acceptable but from blandford to poole its a complete arse full of 30 limits and speed cameras and old dodders trying to kill you - i prefer the blandford high road and you get to go up spread eagle hill (alternative to zig zag hill) and my fave road for blasting on is the A4 ;D or the A30 from shaftesbury down to chard

pedalingfool
15-08-07, 03:12 PM
Nurburgring! alternatively a well kept secret is the A483 between Newtown and Llandrindod wells. Newly surfaced, perfect corners with no junctions hiding on blind bends. a REALLY good day out!!!