PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Bonneville service

Kevinb
03-01-08, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know anyone around Trowbridge who would be able to do a 12,000 mile service on a Bonneville?
I'm not too keen on Fowlers and George White's is a bugger to get to

Cheers

Kevin

Dabz
03-01-08, 02:34 PM
there's a place in Frome that can do it, not a triumph dealer tho...I'll try to find out the name of the place because my memory is rubbish lately!

Bonnielass
03-01-08, 05:53 PM
Hi Kevin, have you thought about Pheonix, it's right on our doorstep and I'm told they have quite a good mechanic there, maybe worth an ask.

Kevinb
04-01-08, 08:45 AM
Thanks Rosie, but Pheonix can't/won't do it. I asked them last summer, I think they prefer sticking to Yamaha's.

Cheers

Kev

alanTDM
04-01-08, 10:11 AM
there is a dealer in Westbury,went there last year and he had a 1975 triumph bonnie there being serviced think he's in to classic bikes.But prob does modern Triumphs.Not sure what Tel No is but as you go through Westbury,there is a right hand bend with open area on the left some pubs/shops there i think.carry along towards the mini roundabout and about 100-200yds on right the shop is set back off main road.If you get to roundabout you gone past it.

RE03
04-01-08, 07:06 PM
Kev,
Just a suggestion......

http://www.rjracing.co.uk/

.........in amongst the blurb..........

"All service and most repair work undertaken on most make and models, from Scooters to Superbikes. Inc Race bikes & Classics!"

Travels to do it too 8-), highly recommended

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1187798649

Details on his site. You never know :-/ but if you don't ask, you dont get eh? ;)

Good luck!

Ghost
05-01-08, 06:16 PM
I think AlanTDM is referring to Phil Stokes West End Garage West End Westbury Wiltshire BA13 3JF Tel: 01373 864648

He has been there for years, also does MOT's. I don't believe it is signed off West End but as Alan said is down a side access. West End is between the Market Place and Station Rd/Haynes Rd mini roundabout. Google maps using the post code will find it.

alanTDM
06-01-08, 09:13 AM
Yep thats the guy Ghost he gave me a business card but i can't find it.

Kevinb
08-01-08, 05:22 PM
Thanks

I am going to Lightning services in Hilperton Marsh. Also £150 cheaper than a Triumph dealer
I will let you know what they are like.

Cheers

Kevin

Dabz
08-01-08, 06:52 PM
excellent, let us know mate as I may well take mine there in that case!

Ghost
14-01-08, 11:19 PM
A guy I know went there for some new tyres, said they were reasonably priced, friendly and helpful but not Lightning! He suggests you take a book! ;D