PDA

View Full Version : Weekend

Kevinb
14-01-08, 05:16 PM
What did everyone think of the weekend?
Saturday I could have done with a jetski instead of the Bonneville.
It was clean, shiny and tucked up in the garage until my wife decided we could go to Frome on it and then visit our daughter/grandson in Holt. Both Staverton & Melksham roads to the village had flooded and by this time we didn't want to go back through BOA and try.
The only option, the pub, sit by a heater, play pool and have a couple of drinks.

Cheers

Kev

Amante_271
15-01-08, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a sweet option! ;)

igbell
15-01-08, 10:32 AM
Well I didnt get to go and play on the bike as the only day that was good (Sat) I was on the roof of the shed refelting it (and paying for it now as my hip is killing me, any of the ladys out there willing to rub some ralgex in for me?? ;))

bobthecod
15-01-08, 01:45 PM
Well, Friday afternoon as I was riding home I got caught in snow on the top off Birdlip hill (near the Air Ballon Pub on the 417)and then just to really rub salt into the wound I had to contend with the floods around the Malmesbury area only to get to Hullavington where I had to turn around and go back through the floods around Malmesbury and try and find an alternative route over the M4 so I could get back to Melksham >:( to say I got a "tad wet" would be an understatement. Then had to ride back to Cheltenham Sunday night. Fortunately it was only raining and the floods had subsided otherwise I was in danger of really getting the hump. :'(

F.B.
20-01-08, 10:35 AM
It's no better this weekend either :(

Who booked this bl**dy weather?

I got a husband climbing the walls here, desperate to get out on his new toy (zzr1400)........ HELP! :o

Ghost
20-01-08, 07:25 PM
I know what you mean - my bike was calling me too! Spent today re-arranging the spare room with frequent glances out the window to see if it was dry enough to escape! Sadly it never was. [smiley=cry.gif]

Kevinb
21-01-08, 01:10 PM
ZZR1400 would be great in this weather, should spin up the back wheel nicely!
Did look in the garage yesterday and realised I put my Bonnie away wet last weekend. Nice brown bits appearing :'(

Cheers

Kevin

igbell
21-01-08, 04:02 PM
Is that brown bits on the seat?? ;D did you ride a little too fast the last time you took her out?? ;D ;D

Amante_271
21-01-08, 08:55 PM
Well, prehaps it was because the brakes werent as good as you thought in the wet!!! ;D

Kevinb
22-01-08, 08:37 AM
So you have ridden a Bonneville. Brakes, I think they are on the options list.

Cheers

Kev