PDA

View Full Version : Race fairings / aftermarket fairings

sburv
19-03-08, 07:30 PM
As you all my have heard me and my poor bike are a little worse for wear after a little accident.

I'm now looking to replace the front nose cone and the right hand side fairing on my ZX6R-J 2000 Ninja.

I've looked the internet for hours assessing my options and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the aftermarket 'race' fairings, and when people thoughts are. In my limited experience I have always found the GRP mouldings rather thin and flimsy. Was thinking for replacing all panels to match?

The only other option is that I wait till some original second-hand ones come up but haven't found any on the usual sites, and am rather keen to get it back on the road.

Any thoughts or suggestions anyone...?

Ladyridercymru
19-03-08, 08:29 PM
Is it not worth contacting the breakers as well?
I believe there is one in Wootten Bassett? Got the number from Thomson local but can give it to you if its any help.

Also Bubbafred on here works in a parts place in Brighton. He might be able to help you.

More importantly I hope you are ok? Bikes can be fixed and replaced and dont hurt so much . ;)

Ladyridercymru
20-03-08, 02:30 PM
Oh and I dont know if this store would be much use?

stock a variety of stuff from bikes to used and new spares

http://www.dkmotorcycles.co.uk/

sburv
20-03-08, 05:21 PM
Thanks for that. I've sent them a message I'll see what comes back.

FJ_Biker
21-03-08, 07:51 AM
If the fairing is not that badly damaged it might be worth getting it repaired

schwee
26-03-08, 02:25 PM
There's a few bits on ebay but to colour match you could be waiting a while. I used to have a black and silver J1 which needed a replacement panel so I know what its like to wait!

Don't forget that G, J and A1P will fit :D