PDA

View Full Version : Overcooked it

kitkat
16-06-08, 05:39 PM
Binned the 1200 this week :-[

Misjudged an uphill left hand bend on narrow lane, leant a bit more but still drifted out to double white lines. Unfortunately car coming other way and hit it side on. Bang, silence, thats odd blue sky above me, mmm this might hurt, thump, move legs, phew, sit up, helmet off get up. Ride in ambulance to A&E as I guess I did a forward roll over the bars and landed on my back but nothing damaged :) Just feels like I have done 6 rounds with Mike Tyson!

Have given my St Christoper a clean up in thanks as could have been a lot worse. Can't more stongly recommend enough a good set of leathers, boots, helmet etc. but even better if don't fall off

Will now find out how good Carole Nash are!

Dave

Hunar
16-06-08, 05:50 PM
that sucks mate, glad to hear that you are not too badly damaged!

Hows the bike?

Iceman
16-06-08, 06:27 PM
Hey Kitkat, sorry to hear that! I know what it's like to come off and it sucks! Glad to hear you're only shook up. Must have been a scary moment drifting into an oncoming car! Take care mate,... David

darrenatthesally
16-06-08, 06:36 PM
sorry mate glad you are ok good luck with the bike

KP
16-06-08, 06:57 PM
ouchhhhh , but like you said it could have been worse mate, glad your ok, hope the bike is ok too mate.

best wishes kev

igbell
16-06-08, 10:06 PM
Sorry to hear that kitkat.
Shame about the bike but the main thing is that you are ok.

BB
16-06-08, 10:15 PM
Ah, ouch. Sorry to hear about your off, but so good to hear you are ok. Fingers crossed the bike isn't too bad and I can highly recommend Carole Nash from personal experience (I no longer have the Blackbonneville that was my original moniker on here! ;D)

BB

bikerbabe
16-06-08, 11:39 PM
oh no dave sorry to hear about your off glad your not badly hurt hope the bike is not to bad off

Amante_271
17-06-08, 12:07 AM
:o Sorry to hear bout your accident. Could of been ALOT worse!! Hope your 100% soon (& the bike!)

Sue600
17-06-08, 07:05 AM
Sorry to hear about your off, thank goodness you are ok. Going to be sore over the next few days, take it easy. Of course you only drifted as far as the white's didnt you.... car must have cut the corner! ;) Hope the aches go quick and the insurance sort things out quick for you.

Kevinb
17-06-08, 08:44 AM
Good to hear you are ok

Dabz
17-06-08, 01:01 PM
ouch, that's bad news...good to hear you're ok though!

sburv
17-06-08, 03:42 PM
Ouch!! Sounds nastly, atleast you ain't to badly damaged. I can imagine the bike ain't in good shape, but gives you the perfect excuse to get somthing else!!

Keep smiling hope you feel better soon!! :)

kitkat
18-06-08, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the replies :) Bruises coming out nicely now in glorious technocolour.

On this occasion I think the good ol BMW boxer engine design with those sticky out cylinders probably minimised any leg damage as took a lot of the impact. Car written off as bent B post and cost of labour to much to straighten it out :o

No news on bike yet but hopefully will get back on 2 wheels and make a WB meet soon

Dave

mike
18-06-08, 08:37 PM
Hope you get sorted soon, main thing is you are OK, bikes & cars are just metal (honest!).

FJ_Biker
19-06-08, 05:03 PM
Glad you are OK and hope your bike pulls through