PDA

View Full Version : White Van Man

ONFIRE
27-06-08, 05:42 PM
Unbelievable ...Wednesday morning of this week some Idiot from DPD (West Coast Express) Courier Company reversed into my Brand New ZX10 – R in our MOD car park in Corsham… Witnessed by several Civil Serpents.

The Whit Van Man said I did not see it as it was in my blind spot. But admitted seeing it when he drove in...So why drive into ones blind spot without getting out and checking whats behind him.

If you ever see a VW Lt35 LWB van in white of course, reg: WG04 KGV trash it! Or hide your motorcycle!

After further investigation the Visible damage....
Bar ends
Levers
pegs
Fairing plastics (both sides)
Tank (dented)
Exhaust (dented)
Frame (not sure about this one)
Swing Arm (large crease were the exhaust crushed against it)
Clip - on's (Out of line & bent)
Radiator (Dented)

The bike will be fully assessed by GW's next Monday, but it looks like without Labour its totting up to be over 6k right off ::)

Apparently DPD are trying to go direct through their own insurance company & if the damage is less than 2.5k they will pay out of their own pocket, they'll be lucky!

Sorry DPD I am going all the way on this one! Loss OF earnings e.t.c & even more e.t.c. Might even get the Mod Plod involved on Monday.

Moral of the story is...
Learn to drive DPD crasher's :o

KP
27-06-08, 06:05 PM
omg !! good luck with this one mate, gutted for you. >:(

Sue600
27-06-08, 06:12 PM
Blimey Tim! Not good atall. :o I would definitely report it to police to get an incident report number. Sometimes they come in handy. Good luck sorting it out, hope it doesnt take too long.

Amante_271
27-06-08, 06:34 PM
Holy SH*T mate! Really sorry to hear about this! S*rew the b*stards for everything you can!! I would get both the MOD & Civilian Police involved tht way your covered on BOTH sides!

At least for what small comfort it might be, you werent involved!

Hope all goes well for you (&the bike!)

Andrew

PS. Long time no see on here!!

ONFIRE
27-06-08, 06:34 PM
Thank you Sue ;)

ONFIRE
27-06-08, 06:37 PM
Holy SH*T mate! Really sorry to hear about this! S*rew the b*stards for everything you can!! I would get both the MOD & Civilian Police involved tht way your covered on BOTH sides!

At least for what small comfort it might be, you werent involved!

Hope all goes well for you (&the bike!)

Andrew

PS. Long time no see on here!!

Certainly is, have had bit of a health shock! Hope to get on one of your meets when my bike is sorted. :) 8-)

Amante_271
27-06-08, 06:38 PM
Hope to see you soon Tim & hope it wasnt anything TOO major!

Ghost
27-06-08, 07:13 PM
Shame about the bike, go get 'em!

Dabz
27-06-08, 08:31 PM
ouch, hope you get it sorted, and don't have to wait long too! good to see you back here on WB mate :)

ONFIRE
27-06-08, 10:59 PM
Hope to see you soon Tim & hope it wasnt anything TOO major!

Well Dec 7th 2007 had a MI it was going to happen one day as its conginal.

So couple Platinum Stents latter... I making a good recovery. Just hope I get through Customs PMSL ;D ;D
8-)

Bought the ZX10 R as it kinda makes you feel your alive :o :o :o

Obzy
27-06-08, 11:11 PM
nightmare - well, at least you weren't on/under it when it happened :)

Go for it on the lost earnings etc front - should generate enough moolah for a new lid! :D

bikerbabe
28-06-08, 11:01 AM
oh my word i just dont know what to say hun some white van idiots are just so stupid in there big shiny white vans.

ONFIRE
28-06-08, 02:03 PM
ouch, hope you get it sorted, and don't have to wait long too! good to see you back here on WB mate :)

8-) Thank's m8

furry-TLR
28-06-08, 05:50 PM
Opps...I told that stupid f**king driver to leave no witnesses ;D

Sheesh if you need something doing, do it youself ;)
DPD = Dumb Pr*ck Driving! lol

Oh well never mind eh, least he wrote it off before you did, anonther kwak bites the dust :'(