PDA

View Full Version : Discounts in local shops

Kevinb
08-07-08, 02:00 PM
The Wiltshire Bikers forum is growing very quickly and should give us some buying power.
Should we be approaching local bike shops etc to see if we can get discount cards or agree discount if we have stickers?

What do you think?

Cheers

Kev

Dabz
08-07-08, 02:37 PM
probably worth approaching some people!

darrenatthesally
08-07-08, 04:06 PM
ya sounds a good call to me :)

hotdog
08-07-08, 04:20 PM
I'd be surprised if any shops would give a discount on the strength of a sticker, but it's a great idea and surely worth trying. Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't need to go down the membership card route though. Don't mean to sound negative, just we might stand more chance that way.

Regardsm

Kevinb
08-07-08, 05:13 PM
Card does sound good.
How many active members are there currently?
We could probably e-mail bike shops as membership covers a large area.
Peogeot dealer for Andrew?
Fish & Chip shops for Hunar & me ;D

Cheers

Kev

Iceman
08-07-08, 08:33 PM
Yeh, ;) Good Idea!

BB
08-07-08, 10:25 PM
Worth a try but as I already carry a MAG card and am reasonably well known in the bike shops I frequent I tend to manage to get discount without presenting anything :o a apart from the money that is! ;D

BB

igbell
08-07-08, 10:51 PM
We used to have a member on here that worked at BikeTreads in Swindon, if that person is still on can we get something at BikeTreads please?? ;)

Iceman
08-07-08, 10:56 PM
We used to have a member on here that worked at BikeTreads in Swindon, if that person is still on can we get something at BikeTreads please?? ;)

Cheap tyres please!

Davey
09-07-08, 06:33 PM

That'll be Gav then :D

Sue600
09-07-08, 06:45 PM
Usually manage a discount in most bike shops, most of the time cos I use them alot, and sometimes just cos I'm cheeky! Well if you dont ask you wont get LOL

Dabz
09-07-08, 07:50 PM
I'll certainly see what I can do :) the only issue I;ve come across in the past when trying to organise discounts is that WB is a free-to-use site so there's nothing stopping people googling it, then signing up just to get the discount. I'm not too keen on moving to a paid membership scheme either, don't really believe people should have to pay to talk!

Iceman
09-07-08, 08:55 PM
Make it compulsory then that they turn up every week at sallys then as membership!lol ;D ;D

darrenatthesally
09-07-08, 09:50 PM
that sounds good to me and we mite see what we can do at the sally :)

Davey
09-07-08, 10:03 PM
I can't ever make it on thursdays to the Sally due to other commitments - So that couldn't work for me but then again I already have my own negotiator/ bargain hunter for getting deals

But it'll either be really easy or really hard in this current economic climate - do they discount to get a few more sales or turn away the discount and you'll still buy it anyway! :-/

Iceman
09-07-08, 10:13 PM
Can I get Discount for my weekly shopping at Asdas' please? :D

igbell
10-07-08, 09:01 AM
Nope ;D ;D

Kevinb
10-07-08, 09:31 AM
Adsa?
Do you want your sausages for a penny each instead of 2 pence?
I'm waiting for Tesco to do a value crash helmet :o

Flexyjerkov
11-07-08, 11:29 AM
with one of the clubs im a sponsor with i get 10% off all mail orders through fowlers in bristol so it may be worth asking them ;).
same with www.busters-accessories.co.uk :)

alanTDM
21-07-08, 08:45 AM
Worth a try but as I already carry a MAG card and am reasonably well known in the bike shops I frequent I tend to manage to get discount without presenting anything :o a apart from the money that is! ;D

BB
Same here upto 15% in some bike dealers depending what your buying