PDA

View Full Version : After my test

Ninja-Nan
22-07-08, 09:32 PM
I'm going to take my test on the 125 I already have, so I'll be restricted to 33bhp. I've just seen an intruder 400cc which is only 32bhp. Any thoughts on if it would be suitable as I prefer cruiser style bikes. Any opinions welcome. :)

Kevinb
23-07-08, 09:03 AM
A lot of bikes these days can have restrictor kits fitted. It all depends on how much money you want to spend on a bike, whats around and the general feel when you sit on it and take it for a test ride.
Try and buy with full service history, long MOT, tax and life left on the tyres. It will hopefully give you time before you have to spend anymore money the the bike. If the bike is due for a major service, use this to haggle.
Look in the small ads and bike shops and go a sit on as many bikes as you can before deciding

Cheers

Kev

igbell
23-07-08, 10:00 AM
When Kevin says use the full service to haggle, I think (I am not putting words into his mouth) he is saying get them to do the service, other wise you will get money off and then have to spend that money to service it.

Also look up on the web and ask people about the bike you like and see what little niggles and things about the bike, also if it has had any recalls and if they have been done, dare I say it Triumphs have a lot of fuel remaps that get done on services and some even had recalls for remaps (Dabz dont shoot me please).

sburv
23-07-08, 12:56 PM
Honda CB250. there under the 33Bhp mark and maybe more the sort of thing your after.

Just so happens I have one for sale too. ;)

Amante_271
24-07-08, 06:57 AM
Bet its SQUEEKY clean too!!

Iceman
24-07-08, 11:43 PM
Just so happens I have one for sale too. ;)

Great sales talk there! ;)