PDA

View Full Version : Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!!

alanTDM
11-05-08, 02:54 PM
Well im getting really pissed off with these drivers using there hand held phones while driving, >:( nearly T boned one on a roundabout friday saw me coming aswell phone upto right ear looking at me but still carried on across. but Saturday saw a women driver with a cup of coffee in one hand while holding the steering wheel ffs!!
Now seeing as the OEM horns are ****e i have now decided to get a Stebel Magnum or Nautalis 136+ decibels aprox £25: :) sounds like a Arctic/TIR wagon horn so that should scare them.he he ;D

furry-TLR
11-05-08, 04:19 PM
Tell me about it, all the dozy sods seem to come out of the woodwork this time of year, and doesn't help when they have a distraction strapped to their head either.

I've got a CAR horn fitted to mine, does the job ;)

Silverrider
11-05-08, 07:58 PM
It's a sad reality that a lot of cagers disregard the law when it comes to using mobiles when driving >:(

I've been thinking of fitting a Stebel as well. The Tiger's horn is really weedy :(

igbell
12-05-08, 09:23 AM
Sorry to say I had to resort to booting a merc light in once due to him not seeing me sat still in a que and he thought that it was a gap and was driving into this space.
So as I couldnt get his attention to stop I put my boot through his front light, he hung up and then got out of the car but I rode off as the trafic started to move. >:(

Hunar
12-05-08, 09:37 AM
Sorry to say I had to resort to booting a merc light in once due to him not seeing me sat still in a que and he thought that it was a gap and was driving into this space.
So as I couldnt get his attention to stop I put my boot through his front light, he hung up and then got out of the car but I rode off as the trafic started to move. >:(

thats while I love to wear steel toecaps! Had a coupel of moments myself where drivers drift into my lane, quickest way to get rid of them is with a kick, they don't look where they are going, they are obviously deaf when using the horn, but a nice 'BANG' on their bodywork will stop them everytime. There is a couple of cars going around Swindon with size 10 dents in their bodywork cos they got to close to my bike. A friend that got forced off the road by a driver on their phone (luckily they wher enot hurt, and nor was the bike, but the car got chased and booted a few times), has taken to 'sticking' his old spark plugs to the handlebars, not if someone gets to close they get a plug in their windscreen, from hsi point of view, better their windscreen cracked than me! I can see his point of view. It never ceases to amaze me, with hands free kits and bluetooth everything being so cheap to buy at the moment, why drivers don't bother to buy one. Still, its good sport, spot a driver on a phone and see how many of their body panels you can dent!

FJ_Biker
12-05-08, 04:58 PM
This must be one of the main causes of accidents.

Even when using hands free you are statistically twice as likely to crash.

Drivers who use the phone at the wheel deserve all the get and if its Humar’s size 10 boot then so be it

kaka
12-05-08, 10:06 PM
Driver today at lights on end of m32 carried on coming into my lane even though i was parallel with his passenger door hooting my horn,
some people are just sheer crazy,he then let 3 people out to go to cabot cirus building site.
No doubt not English

schwee
14-05-08, 09:46 AM
We have a parrot bluetooth kit in our cage, and while its really really good and clear, it IS still a distraction if i'm talking on it...just like if i'm chatting to a passenger.

Luckily I get to issue points and fines to drivers I see on phones ;D ;)

FJ_Biker
14-05-08, 10:33 PM
The difference between talking to a passenger and talking to someone on the phone is when complicated driving situations arise passengers tends to shut up.

I used to have long arguments with my x employer refusing to answer the phone in the car

Shwee if you are a member of the law please nick as many of these mobile phone users as possible and make our roads a safer place ;)

Hunar
14-05-08, 10:39 PM
Shwee if you are a member of the law please nick as many of these mobile phone users as possible and make our roads a safer place ;)

Or you can give me their details and me and my size 10's will pay them a visit!

igbell
15-05-08, 09:10 AM
No just shout them......opps sorry thought we were in yanke doodle land for a mo ;D

Sharik
15-05-08, 09:22 AM
We have a parrot bluetooth kit in our cage, and while its really really good and clear, it IS still a distraction if i'm talking on it...just like if i'm chatting to a passenger.

Wouldn't you be better with something less distracting and in a smaller cage, say a budgerigar or canary?

Hunar
15-05-08, 10:57 AM
if its a norweigan blue, its probably dead anyway!

Sharik
15-05-08, 11:30 AM
No, it’s pining for the fjords.

Hunar
15-05-08, 11:38 AM
has to be a better option than pining for the fords!

bikerbabe
30-05-08, 07:06 PM
i have no time what so ever for people who drive while using handheld mobile phones with out the proper hands free kit it is a real bug bear of mine i have to say

igbell
30-05-08, 07:08 PM
My other bug bear is drivers that use Fog Lights when there is no Fog >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

bikerbabe
30-05-08, 07:13 PM
yes that is annoying and whats even worse car drivers that turn in front of you with out warning you of there intention to do so i swear that on some cars that are made these days you have to pay extra for working indicators.
does any one else have this experiance or is it just me that gets caught by numptys on the road .

igbell
31-05-08, 11:04 AM
Ah yes the new indicators, you tap them once and they flick for 3 times and then go off or you push the arm fully and they stay on until you either turn or push the arm the other way, but when you push the arm the other way you start to indicate the other way, so at lot of numptys cant use the new fandangled indicators so they dont use them at all. >:(

bikerbabe
31-05-08, 02:32 PM
and what is worse than that is car drivers that do use there indicators but dont turn so you have been stopping behind them on your bike for no reason at all winds me up something cronic i have to say

Iceman
10-06-08, 09:33 AM
..........and signaling right manovere when exiting left (99% of drivers) on roundabouts! As a car driver as well I make a concerted effort to signal correctly and also don't relie on self cancelling as I need to adapt my driving to how I ride my bike ( by the highway code and good manners ). Another pet hate is the attitude of drivers ( manovere and oops,signal quickly ) I thought it was ( life saver glance,mirror,signal, then manovere)

Tubz
10-06-08, 10:22 AM
At this point i'd like to add that divs on the motorways that signal then just pull out annoy me,
JUST CUZ U HAVE UR INDICATOR ON DOESNT MEAN U HAVE RIGHT OFF WAY!!!
thanku, rant over

Iceman
10-06-08, 01:15 PM
Just got back from George Whites.Approaching roundabout,saw car crossing at speed from oposite end then suddenly veere right!No signal! >:( I had to apply a real emergency stop!!!! Then I spent 10 seconds trying to gear down before pulling off while traffic accumalated behind me!
All my spider senses are kicking in quickly now! 8-)

Sue600
10-06-08, 01:32 PM
Been sat all to often giving way to cars on roundabouts - who then suddenly turn off! I could have gone if they'd given some kind of indication and decent road positioning. >:(

KP
10-06-08, 08:01 PM
......or drivers that really think there gonna be quicker than you off the lights, we all do it creep to the front dont we?? well did this saturday at the lights at west ashton and the driver along side us thought he woul try and run us off the road !! >:( luckily enough i had the sense just to drop back and let him carry on. . . but was just a pleasure to whip past him on the following straight lol... with a few hand gestures from the good lady on the back of the bike ::)

Hunar
10-06-08, 08:35 PM
......or drivers that really think there gonna be quicker than you off the lights, we all do it creep to the front dont we?? well did this saturday at the lights at west ashton and the driver along side us thought he woul try and run us off the road !! >:( luckily enough i had the sense just to drop back and let him carry on. . . but was just a pleasure to whip past him on the following straight lol... with a few hand gestures from the good lady on the back of the bike ::)

And a boot in the door panel from the rider?

Iceman
16-06-08, 06:44 PM
Saw an absolute plonker Today while sat at a roundabout. A white van enters roundabout to my right I assume attempting to go round when I see the mobile phone in his right hand.Suddenly he looks around as If to say "Oh where am I?" and swerves left momenteraly losing control of the steering wheel and nearly hits the exit central paving. After the van rocked a bit he carried on past me on the right! No signals,no allertness,no giving a damn for the law or anyone else on the road! Even If I took his number,what is the point?The police do nothing without an accident taking place.
Incidentaly this is the 5th time Today I have seen someone daydreaming while on the mobile! >:(

Vince
01-07-08, 03:58 PM
I've just come back from 5 days track testing, err I mean touring in France. I have to say the standard of UK driving is very poor compared to the French. Every time I go over on the bike (3rd time this year!) I think the same.
Being couped up on this little island with all it expanding speed limits and "safety" cameras doesn't help. Ppl are far more relaxed and don't seem to get wound up over there.

I'm fairly lucky in that my daily commute to Blandford is pretty quite most of the time. However I have seen most of the above in the many years I've been riding, mind you with my white Multitec & flouro jacket on seems to help a little ;)

Be careful out there, they are out to get you!
\v/

Iceman
01-07-08, 05:21 PM
A "Considerate" driver pulled over to use his mobile"How nice of him and law abiding" but stopped right on the T-Junction forcing me to circumnavigate onto the opposite side"very dangerous there"!I beeped my horn to let him know of my presence but he was totally oblivious! Sigh........

Hunar
01-07-08, 06:15 PM
A "Considerate" driver pulled over to use his mobile"How nice of him and law abiding" but stopped right on the T-Junction forcing me to circumnavigate onto the opposite side"very dangerous there"!I beeped my horn to let him know of my presence but he was totally oblivious! Sigh........

I see where you went wrong, if you need to get their attention the horn is usually useless, try a boot clad foot in the door panel!

Iceman
01-07-08, 06:35 PM
Would love to boot them but need to stay chilled out! :D ;)

Vince
04-07-08, 11:58 AM

I see where you went wrong, if you need to get their attention the horn is usually useless, try a boot clad foot in the door panel!

Ah, I fitted a pair Stebals to my trusty steed, makes me jump when I press the button so hopefully they'll hear it too 8-)

alanTDM
23-07-08, 06:55 PM

Ah, I fitted a pair Stebals to my trusty steed, makes me jump when I press the button so hopefully they'll hear it too 8-)
That what im getting next month stebel magnum 136db low tone Ha Ha!!

At the mo the worst place for me so far is at the mini roundabout in Corsham by The Hare and Hounds pub from Bradford on Avon in the morning im averaging 3 a week this month on mobies or just not looking whats around them to the right for some reason they think all roads lead left to Chippenham

Iceman
23-07-08, 10:29 PM
Good Idea regarding those Horns.never thought of that 'till I saw your post.

Vince
25-07-08, 08:44 AM
I couldn't believe how weedy the BMW horn was. Worse than my VFR one was and that wasn't the best around. The only trouble is, as I don't often use the horn, I've still not got used to where the button is, I'm alright when I have the time to press it but in an emergency I fumble and *blink* *blink* *blink* d@mn LH indicator is there flashing away.

Got used to the indicators fairly quickly and now prefer, but the horn...still needs practise to hit the button without thinking to hard.
So... if you hear boxer twin jugging along and a parp! parp! as I come round a tight corner on a country road, that'll be me practising :P