PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle breakdown and recovery service

6T
13-08-08, 09:00 PM
hi can anyone recommend a breakdown recovery provider that caters for classic bikes.i went on the last rideout and the old triumph perfomed well considering the weather conditions.I would like to join in with future rideouts but if there futher away would prefer to be coverd.cheers steve :)

Iceman
13-08-08, 11:37 PM
I'm covered by the AA regardless of vehicle. They even have a pickup to deal with motorcycles. It's just a standard roadside and recovery service I have for around £100 a year.It's real peace of mind when going for long rideouts.

Snowy
14-08-08, 09:30 AM
I have RAC roadside assistance and recovery but never have had to use it so far. As it covers me it will work for any vehicle even if it's not mine - I just have to be with it. They give a "no claims discount" to if you don't use it in a year. I have 2 cars and 1 bike to cover so it's worth it just for peace of mind.

Kevinb
14-08-08, 01:30 PM
Me and my wife have joint RAC cover (have used it with the car quite a few years a go), but we are both covered even if we are a passenger in someone elses car/on their bike

Cheers

Kev

6T
14-08-08, 04:41 PM
thanks for the advice guys,ive just checked my insurance policy and i have got additional breakdown cover i didnt know i have,so look forward to future rideouts with piece of mind.cheers steve :)

FJ_Biker
14-08-08, 05:17 PM
I have RAC European breakdown cover on both my 21 and 22-year-old bikes with my Norwich Union policy. Off the top of my head I cannot remember the cost of the policy, it is somewhere between 180 and 230 TPFT and includes protected no claims.

BB
14-08-08, 07:34 PM
thanks for the advice guys,ive just checked my insurance policy and i have got additional breakdown cover i didnt know i have,so look forward to future rideouts with piece of mind.cheers steve :)

I was going to suggest you check that. I'm with Carol Nash & that covers me with all my bikes including european travel. Used to be with RAC when I had car & bikes

Can't speak for RAC but Carol Nash worked well! ;)

BB

6T
14-08-08, 09:37 PM
thanks BB and FJ. i am insured with footman james and there is a lot of additional cover i did,nt know i had. the breakdown cover is with axa assistance uk ltd and covers uk and european breakdowns i will just have to remember to take the policy document with me when i go on any longer runs.cheers steve :) :)

igbell
15-08-08, 09:14 AM
I am with the RAC and I have had use them twice with the bike as the Reg/Rec went twice on the VFR, the only thing I would say to all members is if you do get picked up watch how they strap your bike down, as the first time it happened I was not on the ball and the bloke strapped my bike down using the front wheel with a strap over the front mud guard and craked it.
The second time I had a bloke who had a bike and knew how to strap one down.

6T
15-08-08, 09:46 AM
thanks for that good advice igbel,the last thing you want is damage to your bike aswell as a breakdown.cheers steve :)