PDA

View Full Version : Inadvertant wheelie

Iceman
06-07-08, 12:28 PM
Once when accelerating hard off the line I popped a small wheelie but quickly brought it down and carried on.Now this was not a deliberate wheelie with the wheel being held high for some time but just me pulling off.As there is police on this site Id like their views on this grey area! In my oppinion my eager pull off is no worse than a car wheel spinning off the mark without fear of a penalty. One rule for cars and another for bikes I suppose! Anyone here got any knowledge of this area? Before someone states I should pull off gently this was not in a built up town centre with vehicles and other hazards around,but in a deserted country road with no side junctions etc.I was also leaning over the tank but the front still popped up about a foot or so for a second or so.

Iceman
06-07-08, 12:59 PM
Check this out;- Pulling a wheelie in Miami.

"STUNTING BIKERS in Miami may have gone just a step too far at the weekend, and their antics look set to bring in tough new laws that is likely to see their bike taken off them, their licences revoked for TEN years and a mandatory stay in prison. "
full story click link below-
http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/ten_year_ban_for_pulling_a_wheelie/1969.html

schwee
06-07-08, 03:52 PM
If it was accidental, and you told plod that, perhaps they might think you were not in proper control??

There IS a difference between accidental, off the power lifts; and proper wheelie attempts and I'd hope that anyone would be able to tell.

You can still go quick off the line keeping your front wheel on the floor ;)

BoatingBiker
06-07-08, 05:54 PM
Did you lose your wheel like this.........LOL

blademansw
20-08-08, 01:33 PM
Its a power wheelie, and as long as you didn't try to hold the wheel up then I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about. Nothing to do with being in correct control as a power wheelie could be over before you could take any remedial action like dabbing the back brake.