PDA

View Full Version : Off!!

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 04:34 PM
I had my first off today :'(, I wasn't even going that fast less than 5mph but quite a lot of damage to my bike when I fell down some steps in to some poor chaps front garden :-[. I am okay no physical damage just a bit shocked I guess.

Thank you to Iceman, Fireblade and ER-5 for your help today and lifting my bike out of the garden for me and all the help you gave me. Thank you Iceman for making sure I got to Jct 16 M4 safely too .

I am back home and my noble steed is in the garage awaiting it's repair ::) :'(

R1chie
17-08-08, 04:46 PM
Never mind NB, at least there is no damage to youself.......the bike can easily be fixed.

Still can't work out the steps connection (not the pop band btw :))

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 04:49 PM
I turned right out of a car park onto the road and there were houses on the left with steps down to them. I was going so slowly as always exit carefully, not carefully enough this time ::) . The next thing I knew I was under my bike down some steps :-[ . I think I must have looked at the houses rather than where I was going if you know what I mean for just a split second and everyone knows that where you look is generally where you end up :-[ stupid I know :(

igbell
17-08-08, 05:01 PM
Sorry to hear this and I hope that you are ok and not too much damage to you.
Have a long warm soak in a bath.

R1chie
17-08-08, 05:01 PM
ah right.....well everyone has made mistakes somewhere along their biking lives. At least you're ok and the bike is easily repairable.

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear this and I hope that you are ok and not too much damage to you.
Have a long warm soak in a bath.

Yes I am fine just a little shocked that's all and my textiles and boots etc... are still in tact even though I went under the bike ;)

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 05:47 PM
Pics of my poor bike, you can't really see a lot Fairings all sratched, including the part near the headlight which is split also and right hand indicator taped up. Foot rest missing and exhaust scraped and dented. Wing mirror and wing mirror arm chipped and scraped. Speedo housing scraped also

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/lisa_jc/Foxys%20off/SNC10026.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/lisa_jc/Foxys%20off/foxysbike.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/lisa_jc/Foxys%20off/SNC10028.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/lisa_jc/Foxys%20off/SNC10029.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/lisa_jc/Foxys%20off/SNC10030.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/lisa_jc/Foxys%20off/SNC10031.jpg

northernsean
17-08-08, 06:13 PM
hi ninjababe, i really thought u was gonna help yourself to the poor mans dinner who's steps u went down, i could see u goin 2wards his front door. never mind thoug atleast ya steed got u home. seee u soon.

sean 8-) ;D

davej
17-08-08, 06:51 PM
its strange the 2 drops my better half has had on her virago has been doing slow manovers.

glad your not hurt but next time you want to ride up or down stairs please borrow one of my tys it will be safer.

Davey
17-08-08, 06:52 PM
Glad your ok - bike is easily fixable

Are you going through your insurance or doing it yourself as we'd be more than happy to assist - Have good eperiance of rebuilding broken kwaks ;)

BTW I would blank out your reg in the photo

Iceman
17-08-08, 07:09 PM
Ninjababe, Yes, that was unfortunate exiting the Pub car park and becoming fixated instead of looking where you would like to go.It's a well known topic that can happen to the best of us and probably to more than would admit! However,up to that point and following behind you your riding was impecable.Corner lines and exits were spot on and no hesitation was seen in your overtaking. You maintained a high crusing speed and done your Ninja 250R credit, so give yourself a pat on the back.You're a credit to the women riders on this site showing a few of the bigger lads a clean set of heels! ;) ;) ;)

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 07:18 PM
Glad your ok - bike is easily fixable

Are you going through your insurance or doing it yourself as we'd be more than happy to assist - Have good eperiance of rebuilding broken kwaks ;)

I am going through my insurance as I think it would be pretty costly to do it myself at least £1k worth of damage poss £1.5k ::). Do you fix bikes under insurance?? Do you think it would be easy to get parts for my Ninja 250R as it is pretty new?

BTW I would blank out your reg in the photo

Done!! Thank you :)

ONFIRE
17-08-08, 07:48 PM
Get a professional quote first!

When my brand new 9k Kawi ZX10-R 3mths old only 1000miles was knocked over whilst stationary by 'white van man' it was written off with just under 4k worth of damage including repair.

Generally if the damage is 60% value of the bike, that is todays value not necessarily the price you paid & its a insurance write off!

Hope all goes well 8-)

Pleased to hear you're Ok :)

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 08:11 PM
Get a professional quote first!

When my brand new 9k Kawi ZX10-R 3mths old only 1000miles was knocked over whilst stationary by 'white van man' it was written off with just under 4k worth of damage including repair.

Generally if the damage is 60% value of the bike, that is todays value not necessarily the price you paid & its a insurance write off!

Hope all goes well 8-)

Pleased to hear you're Ok :)

Thank you, only had my bike 9 days it is brand new, well not any more ::)

Dabz
17-08-08, 08:31 PM
sorry to hear that - at least t was slow speed and no damage to you though!!

ninjababe01
17-08-08, 08:47 PM
hi ninjababe, i really thought u was gonna help yourself to the poor mans dinner who's steps u went down, i could see u goin 2wards his front door. never mind thoug atleast ya steed got u home. seee u soon.

sean 8-) ;D

You know I never really noticed the poor chap, bless him. He was so helpful as were you all. Thank you for lifting my bike up and getting it back on the road again :) :) :). I think I was in a daze :o. I just stood there like a lemon ::) with everything going on around me.

Thank you again. I hope it doesn't put you off riding with me :-[

BB
17-08-08, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your off, but good to hear you are ok. Hope you get the bike fixed soon

BB

Hunar
18-08-08, 12:28 AM
gutted to hear about the off, glad your not to badly damaged, hope the repair work to the bike isn;t gonna cost ya too much!

Bonnielass
18-08-08, 08:05 AM
Glad you're OK, it always seem's to be the slow manouveres that do it! ::)

ninjababe01
18-08-08, 10:36 AM
Well on totallying it all up with the help of many it will be about £560 for the Upper and Lower Fairings, Ninja sticker, Rear set and Indicator these are genuine Kawasaki parts and will have a go at fitting them myself, possibly with some help from friends :) :)

then there is the exhaust which will have to be a Yoshi :) ;)

ONFIRE
18-08-08, 12:53 PM
Pleased its not so bad as things may seem.

O btw here is a link to a US site I buy from quite a bit..with no Tax\VAT to pay when the item arrives to the UK.
Works out a lot cheaper than UK prices & generally only take 7-9 days to arrive.

http://www.morepoweracing.com/f59lg34850130/Exhaust/Motorcycle-Exhaust/Yoshimura/KAWASAKI/NINJA-250R/2008/c-1-71-73-74-26304-32677-32692/

http://www.morepowerracing.com/

www.xe.com

TRC Carbon Fiber look's the Dog's :o
8-)

igbell
18-08-08, 01:01 PM
Watch out when buying from abroad...
I have got away with for a hell of a lot of things and then one time the customs bloke rang me and said righ lad you owe £100 odd quid or we dont release the items, now as these were 3 pairs of Levi Jeans from JCPenny they didnt even come to £100, so I cut my losses and then reordered with JCPenny and hey presto they got through this time.

It all depends on if they stop your shipment and check it or not.

ONFIRE
18-08-08, 01:09 PM
I have got away with for a hell of a lot of things and then one time the customs bloke rang me and said righ lad you owe £100 odd quid or we dont release the items, now as these were 3 pairs of Levi Jeans from JCPenny they didnt even come to £100, so I cut my losses and then reordered with JCPenny and hey presto they got through this time.

I agree. But I would not recommend this company if I had any problems, been dealing with them for 6 years. The duplicated shipping invoices are marked at 100 dollars thats how they get away with it (apparently). Also there is a full refund if for whatever reason the shippment does not make the UK shores.

8-)

ninjababe01
18-08-08, 10:03 PM

I agree. But I would not recommend this company if I had any problems, been dealing with them for 6 years. The duplicated shipping invoices are marked at 100 dollars thats how they get away with it (apparently). Also there is a full refund if for whatever reason the shippment does not make the UK shores.

8-)

Thank you :). I might be able to get her looking lovely again with a bit of plastic welding, paint spraying even sort my can out and a new rhs rearset frame and indicator pretty cheaply less than £300 which is good. Tried calling Kwak Bristol for some parts but they were too busy awaited call back most of the day ::). Will call them first thing in the morning :)

KP
19-08-08, 08:50 PM
well that about sums up kwak bristol, not had much to do with them, but the service i have had was not that good, but good luck getting it all sorted soon...kev

blademansw
20-08-08, 12:49 PM
Thats a real shame. Sometimes the walking speed offs can do more damage than falling off at speed. I didn't look that closely at the pics, if you don't have crash bungs then fit them as they can save a lot of money if the bike is dropped

schwee
20-08-08, 04:35 PM
aww sorry to hear about that...dont worry too much about the plastics, it adds character :)

Kevinb
20-08-08, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your 'off'
It's not nice, but bikes can be repaired/replaced.
As we have seen on here people can be repaired but not replaced.
Glad to hear you are ok.

Cheers
Kev

Iceman
21-08-08, 10:13 AM
NinaBabe, Just wondering how you are Today? Trust you've got over the shock now! :)