PDA

View Full Version : had my bike hit by car well parked

darrenatthesally
24-08-08, 10:43 AM
well on saturday been out for a ride with a few freinds and stopped for a coffee parked bike on high street. on the way back a car driver stopped us and asked if it was are bikes parked down the road and told us what had happened and she had put the car number plate down for me and stuck to my seat the car that had hit the bike. set the alarm off and just drove off not looking to see if any dammage was done. luky no dammage was done. But how nice of the other car driver to take note of what happened and in taking the number plate down just in case. Oh and her other half has got a triumph too so if he is on the site thank her for me :)

6T
24-08-08, 11:53 AM
good to hear theres no damage to your bike Darren,thats one of the most annoying things is when people simply drive off without leaving any contact details,its happend to me before.Cheers Steve :)

Dabz
24-08-08, 12:07 PM
glad there's no damage mate! Was nice of the lady to take the reg details down - may be worth handing in to the local plod?

darrenatthesally
24-08-08, 04:57 PM
ya but what will they do sweat f.a to much like hard work and would be my word on there word

sburv
24-08-08, 06:06 PM
ya but what will they do sweat f.a to much like hard work and would be my word on there word

Yeah true enough, unless you got the contact details of the witness :)

Amante_271
25-08-08, 07:41 AM
See! Not all car drivers are bad!! Glad the bikes ok mate. Where did it happen? You just said on the High Street!! Theses quite a few of them around!!

igbell
26-08-08, 01:55 PM
Glad the bike is ok, have you done a quick check with a straight piece of wood and lined the wheels up to see if all is still straight and what not??
Can never be too careful you know. ;)

schwee
29-08-08, 10:17 AM
I would have reported it to anyway, and got bike checked out.

Unfortunately you have 24hrs in order to report it so prob too late now