PDA

View Full Version : Tut Tut Tut!

SupeRDel
21-09-08, 07:42 PM
Went to look at a classic Yamaha that was in a local dealers showroom.

Now the world of classic bikes is a small one and being a member of the Aircooled RD club means you pick up a little bit of knowledge.

Salesman gave me all this speal about it have a full nut and bolt restoration! They done it too show wot sort of work they can do!
He insisted the bike is a genuine UK bike and he has the brochure for it.

A full nut and bolt resto means everything gets done - this bikes major parts had not been rechromed - merely polished to a point the chrome was worn thru.

Bike is 100% an imported bike and was never available in the UK. If he cares to look closely he will see the brochure does not match the bike that he has.

Worst of all was this phrase - They done it too show wot sort of work we can do! >:( >:( >:(

As I said the world of classic bikes is a small one. Us owners tend to know wot is about and another owner said he had seen it before.

The bike in question appeared on ebay and sold for £1800 about 18 months ago in exactly the same condition it is now.

After that it was advertised by another classic dealer for £2500, the website link to the sale is still live... :-?

Remember dealers all wanna be your mates but are all pickpockets in reality.

Dealer wants £4000 for it - my opinion with the work required to finish it is £1500.

6T
21-09-08, 08:24 PM
theres some rip off merchants about!!!

Amante_271
22-09-08, 06:19 AM
Dare I ask you to name & shame the dealer?

Davey
22-09-08, 07:57 AM
Name and Shame - as long as your sure your correct/ corrected them!

Did you point out the error to them? As they might have been advised incorrectly or understood a full nut and bolt restoration as a strip down and rebuild not knowing the rechroming etc isn't allowed.