PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy fuel anyone?

Demonbaker
15-10-08, 07:30 AM
Went to the Blagit N Bodgeit rally last friday and stopped off at Chiseldon to top up with fuel before getting on the M4. Got just past Chippenham and the bike started spluttering then picking up again, i decided fo try opening up a bit and she cleared for a bit only for it to happen agian a bit latter on the M5. Saturday i rode up to Weston to watch the Quads at the beach race and had no problems and have none since.
Spoken to a few people and they all reckon dodgy fuel, so was wondering has anyone else had any problems.

Amante_271
15-10-08, 08:19 AM
Ive been ok but thanks for the warning!!

Kevinb
15-10-08, 08:35 AM
I've had problems with the MT-01 with fuel from Tesco's in Trowbridge.
I know it's a 1700 v twin, but it seems to suffer rougher running when purchased from there.
The Bonnie and cars are ok though.
Maybe the MT-01's a bit like me. Sensitive ;D

igbell
15-10-08, 10:39 AM
It is known that some Bikes/Cars have a issue with some fuels and some pumps, this can be down to how the fuel is transported and also down to the tank that it is sat in.
Ok we all know that the tanks in the ground have been sat there for some time and keep getting filled up and never a complete flush through will end in bits in the tank (just like your bike/car).
Now this is why they say to watch when you fill up, if the tank is getting low (ie lots of pumps have the clamps on saying you cant fill from this one) or that the fuel tanker is there or has just been then dont fill up, as this throws the sediment up.