PDA

View Full Version : Scam

Kevinb
05-11-08, 08:40 AM
Just to make people aware.
I had an e-mail from someone wanting to buy my bike from Scotland.
I have had e-mails going backwards & forwards for a couple of weeks to confirm what's included and delivery etc.. (He wanted to pay an extra £50 which I thought was for the seat, but he meant delivery!!!)
Yesterday I received a cheque for over double the asking price. As I wasn't going to bank it, my wife went to the bank to get it checked out and Lloyds told her it looked ok, but take it to HSBC to double check. They confirmed it was a very good forgery and have kept it in case I get any more correspondance and to inform the police.

Please be aware if you sell anything. If you smell a rat, it is better to try and resell rather than loose you bike/goods.

Kevin

BB
05-11-08, 09:39 AM
Good job you got it checked out! >:( I trust the police are 'pursuing enquiries?'

BB

igbell
05-11-08, 11:20 AM
I had a similar thing whe I was selling my old bike, but the bloke was from Poland and was going to get his mate to pick it up, but I told him to go away until the cheque cleared.
Once again nice forgery and I had to do a trade in to GW's to get the new bike.

Davey
09-11-08, 12:26 PM
Just to be aware with some of these scams people are having the money cleared but then being claimed back upto 6 months later

FJ_Biker
11-11-08, 04:56 PM
www.419eater.com/

this is a site dedicated to scamming the scammers

can be quite funny reading at times