PDA

View Full Version : got my DAS next thursday

Ryan
07-11-08, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone, havent really been on here scince i registerd a while ago, just wondering if anyone has any tips for when i do my test for my DAS next week? hopfully be attending sum meets or ride outs when i get off my 125 if i pass fingers crossed ;D

Kevinb
07-11-08, 08:36 AM
Stay on the bike ;D & keep checking your mirrors.
I hope everything goes as planned and the weathers good for you

Cheers

Kev

Ninja-Nan
07-11-08, 01:45 PM
Good luck for your test. Just make sure you do plenty of looks over your shoulder before any manoeuvres. Kathy

FJ_Biker
07-11-08, 04:55 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you

BB
07-11-08, 05:34 PM
Long time since I took my test :D so the best advice I can offer is to relax and not to panic if you make a mistake. Good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Amante_271
07-11-08, 05:35 PM
You can do it, confidence and self belief are a big help. Rear obsevations are VERY important as well! If in doubt... check! :)

Looking forward to saying congrats to you all ready! ;)

igbell
07-11-08, 08:19 PM
dont forget your saftey checks,

Iceman
08-11-08, 01:20 AM
well,all posts have been covered already,so will add that the examiner is looking for a confident rider who can master his bike with authority as well as bylaws. I took my test a few months ago without any formal training regards DAS courses etc. I just bought a 600 Honda, booked the test myself, turned up on the bike and passed without a single error.I was confident in my abilities and knew i would not fail! That's the attitude to take,believe in yourself and enjoy the ride and observe the bylaws! like they've said 'life saver,mirror,signal, manouvere"Repeat often!lol. Oh yes, make sure you've got the 'U turn perfected.That accounts for the largest failures! take care!! ;)

igbell
08-11-08, 11:59 AM
Hi Ryan

Are you doing the old test setup or do you have to do the long test??
Also which price did you have to pay, as some were saying they had to pay the new price for the new test but then had to run the old test.....

bobf279
08-11-08, 10:43 PM
Good luck for your test, be confident and ride safe, remember what you've been taught and all should be fine

Ryan
11-11-08, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys i am confident so hopfully it will pay off, cheers for the tips i will keep them in mind :)

Hi Ryan

Are you doing the old test setup or do you have to do the long test??
Also which price did you have to pay, as some were saying they had to pay the new price for the new test but then had to run the old test.....

I nearly had to do the new test but its been delayed till march i belive? i am taking the old test and i paid 420 for a 2 day course training all day tommorow and before my test thursday thats for the hire of the bike an everything aswell.

Ill let u all know how i get on :)

Hunar
11-11-08, 11:43 PM
Most of the advice has been covered already, so I can only really echo whats been said.

I should have failed my test as I brushed the kerb on my 'u-turn in the road', but he passed me as the rest of the ride was 'totally confident and excellent control, a real pleasure to follow', and I didn't put my foot down when I brushed the kerb, and kept the bike under control.

over confidence can be a problem though, so don't get too cocky. You know what you're doing, you wouldn't be taking your test if you didn't, the examiner is looking for a confident rider, keep checking those mirrors, and make sure you move your head when looking and not just your eyes, the examiner cannot see your eyes, so the only way they will know you are doing ALL your observations is when you head moves.

Don't worry about the odd mistake (as long as you haven't done anything dangerous, like jump a red light), the examiner should expect nerves, what they will be looking for is how you recover, if you go too pieces they will look badly on it, if you carry on and don't let it worry you, and carry on with a confident ride you will most likely find they will overlook it.

The best bit of advice there is....

Enjoy the ride and relax, being tense will cause you to lock up, you need to flow, spend a few mins chilling before the ride, big deep breaths if you're feeling anxious, worked wonders for me.

Good luck, relax, have fun, and remember your mirrors, you'll do fine!

Amante_271
13-11-08, 06:14 AM
Good luck for today!! :)

darrenatthesally
13-11-08, 11:02 AM
hope all went well

Kevinb
13-11-08, 05:07 PM
Hope all went well. Weather has been a bit nasty for you.
A friend of mine past his last Tuesday and was over the moon.

Cheers

Kev

igbell
13-11-08, 05:24 PM
SO how did it go??

Ninja-Nan
13-11-08, 07:27 PM
Hi Ryan. How did your test go? Good news, I hope.

Ryan
14-11-08, 10:58 AM
PASSED ;D ;D big celebrations tonight as it was my 21st yesterday aswell lol, i was soooo nervous and the weather dident help but it was all fine passed with 0 minors aswell, cheers for the advise guys

Off to basingstoke or maybe swindon today to shop for a decent helmet and a good jacket an trousers, hopfully be looking to buy a bike next weekend, are you guys still meeting through this time of year or do you wait for the summer?

darrenatthesally
14-11-08, 11:08 AM
well done mate all good and happy bday ya we still get a few meeting sat the sally on a thurs just all deppens on what the weather is doing so what bike you looking for ??? :)

Ryan
14-11-08, 11:13 AM
thankyou :) im looking at getting a GSXR750 but i want to test ride one first to make sure i like it as ive heard they arent the comfyest of bikes wich is obvious sports bikes wont be.

igbell
14-11-08, 11:54 AM
Ryan

You would be supprised at how comfy a GSX is to be honest.
Peeps even use them as tourers, so they cant be that bad.

Well done on the Pass, plus in that weather as well.

FJ_Biker
14-11-08, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on passing :)

Will GSXr be 33bhp or full power?

Hunar
14-11-08, 12:36 PM
gratz chief!

Ryan
14-11-08, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys :) It will be full power as i took the test on my 21st it dosent have to be restricted 8-)

FJ_Biker
14-11-08, 04:46 PM
Ryan wrote

Thanks guys It will be full power as i took the test on my 21st it doesn’t have to be restricted

Pay the new bike some respect that’s a big old leap

Ryan
14-11-08, 05:09 PM
yeah i am guna spend alot of time getting used to it before even thinking about going out of town

igbell
14-11-08, 05:22 PM
yes going from a 125 to a full blown 750 GSXR, Mmmm I would take it a tad slow to start with and build up on it.

Oh and dont do like my old mate did, and take it so slow he dropped it going round a corner at 10Mph as he didnt want to rush into things ;D ;D ;D he was a numpty mind you.

Amante_271
14-11-08, 06:45 PM
Well done on passing!!! As a Hampshire Hog myself by birth I had faith in you!! Go gentle with the throttle to start with as you dont want to become another gory statistic!!

BB
14-11-08, 09:26 PM
Well done, pleased to hear it went well :)

BB

Iceman
15-11-08, 01:12 AM
Cool!! ;) ;) ...and a nice bike to follow as well! :) Ride safe my friend!

6T
15-11-08, 12:04 PM
well done for passing your test and take it steady on your new bike :)

Ryan
15-11-08, 12:47 PM
thankyou :) i am starting to concider going for a 600 instead of a 750 as a first big bike think it might be a more sensible option.