PDA

View Full Version : Police didn't wake me after an accident, gits

malmesburywitch
23-11-08, 09:27 AM
Last night 22/23rd nov my bike was involved in a multi vehicle accident outside my house, it happened in stealth mode as no one was woken , perp hit first car, that hit next doors car, that hit my bike.
Problem is , is my bike damaged ? can i claim on other insurance policy to have it checked ?, if anyone knows please feel free to let me know.
Cheers

FJ_Biker
23-11-08, 09:57 AM
Sorry about the bad news

First thing I would do if you are going to try and claim is get a crime/incident number.

Then ask the police for advice about your claim as well as your insurance company/broker

malmesburywitch
23-11-08, 10:04 AM
just managed to get to the bike, it looks ok but i am worried it may have effected the forks/steering not sure if its easy to check or if i ned to get a pro to look

FJ_Biker
24-11-08, 07:14 AM
Hopefully one of the mechanics on the forum might be able to advise

If it just fell over al low speed I would not worry

BB
24-11-08, 08:01 PM
I assume from the title the police were involved/aware? As said before, get the incident log from them - you will need it for any insurance claim.

Do the police know whodunnit? If so & they were insured you should be ok. If they were not insured you may be struggling to get anything back off them.

If you are going through the insurance route get a pro to check out the bike & make the b*stards pay - may be worth doing this anyway.

Fingers crossed for you

BB

malmesburywitch
27-11-08, 08:38 PM
the poice finaly got in touch yesterday and gave me wait for it >>>> his name , address and reg, i talked to my insurance and got his insurance details, now i need to talk to them to get it checked. I think i can take it to Hammonds if they agree as its a registered place for insurance from what i remember from the last smash. but your right , a full check as i am a bit worried it may have damaged the forks/wheel, hard to tell on the divvy 900 though lol

malmesburywitch
27-11-08, 08:44 PM
sorry full story was police chased a suspected DD (yes he was over the limit0 he lost control and totalled a range rover that hit a citroen c3 that hit the front of my bike, i slept through the lot of if ... doooh
the police were outside but decided not to wake me (bless) they were coming round sunday am to inform me (still not arrived so the year is in question on this bit) 6 calls to the police to get even basic information then they give me the stuff i thought they would not want me to know. My insurance want me to cough £250 excess if i go though them so i will give his first refusal, if and thats the big if, they honour the agreement as he was dd

FJ_Biker
28-11-08, 05:06 PM
I guess this is now a job for the broker / insurance folk, seek their advice.

I wish you luck - Taff

malmesburywitch
29-11-08, 08:03 PM
good news the bike appears to ride well, slight rattle, pulled fairing out and bingo ready to go