PDA

View Full Version : TTX01 Electricaly powered sports bike.

Iceman
16-12-08, 08:01 PM
TTX01, to be released next year, is the worlds first electric powered sports bike,capable of 0-60 on 3.5seconds and reach 125mph,the bike will cost £20,000. What makes this interesting is that under present legislation there is nothing to cover 'electrically driven sports bikes' as they don't exist and at present there is a speed limit of 15mph for electrical 2 wheeled 'bikes' under 40kg weight! Of course the law will change to tackle this one especially regards 'zero emission' being tax exempt!Should be interesting to see Insurance quotes. A debut at the Isle of man TT is to test these bikes round the famous circuit but at present the bike has a recharge rate of around 50 miles using a standard 3 pin plug. The power plant has two high performance electric motors achieving 86Bhp. Since there is no heavy engine requiring a stiff supporting frame the production bike will be made of lighter composite material allowing for a quick responding lightweight frame. We'll all have to wait 'till next years debut to see the outcome of this!Check out these links in the meantime.

http://www.gizmag.com/the-worlds-first-125-mph-electric-road-legal-motorcycle/10459/

http://motoring.excite.co.uk/news/4595/TTX01mdashThe-Fastest-Electric-Superbike

http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/uk_law.shtml

KP
16-12-08, 08:32 PM
you better start saving mate, reckon you would look good on it though :)

FJ_Biker
16-12-08, 10:24 PM
I’ve got a feeling there is something in law about vehicles being registered on the public highway that exceed 6 or 8 MPH. If you can provide a URL for this I will find out more

The UK has already got electric mopeds on the road so there must be some sort of legislation? :-/

Personally my view is I am all in favour of greener transport

6T
17-12-08, 10:24 AM
the bike looks nice but personally i prefer something with a proper engine in it and at £20.000 its priced out of most peoples pocket

Kevinb
17-12-08, 01:55 PM
If the electric it uses is being produced by a coal fired power station does it really make a difference.
They could always burn the people in the house of lords. Now that would be fossil fuel

igbell
17-12-08, 05:05 PM
Well said Kev, not as though they do anything for us anyway.

Kevinb
18-12-08, 08:44 AM
I'm lucky as I work very close to home so fuel isn't an issue with me. The only time I tend to notice the cost is on a long journey. The MT-01 is quite economical and I did manage to get 18 to the gallon out of the car going up to the NEC.

ollie
19-12-08, 02:29 PM
im for electric motors on the road but the design on that bike looks awfully simular to an rgv 250. but would be nice to have a look to see how it goes

SupeRDel
19-12-08, 06:51 PM
If you watched top gear the other week you will see that chargable electric vehicles are a non starter. When it runs flat you have to wait hours to recharge it.

They had the new Honda car with the Hydrogen gas (I think that was the gas) The gas ran a power plant that supplied the electric for the motor.

It did 270miles to a tank, performed like a car and you simply refilled the tank when required