PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations needed

Honda_Star
17-12-08, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

I have some very minor surface scratches to one of my fairing panels (due to the compulsory newbie-rider-at-a-stand-still-drop)

Rather than buy a brand new panel does anyone locally who can sort this for me?

Thanks! :)

igbell
17-12-08, 05:04 PM
Dont know if he is still there, but there was AutoColour in Lydiard just out side Swindon and he is very good with a spray gun, as you should see the job he has done on his own bike.

BB
18-12-08, 06:46 PM
Hi all,

I have some very minor surface scratches to one of my fairing panels (due to the compulsory newbie-rider-at-a-stand-still-drop)

Rather than buy a brand new panel does anyone locally who can sort this for me?

Thanks! :)

Believe me - that's not just a newbie trick! If we are honest, most of us have done it long after passing our test! I'm not ashamed to admit to doing it ::)

Sorry, I don't know anyone up your way...or down this way come to that! I've mostly managed to throw myself under the bike and so reduce damage! :o

BB

Carbonkid
18-12-08, 07:46 PM
I might just have the thing for you. I've got some aircraft canopy / plastic polish (from work :-X ) that could get some of those scratches out. I've tried it before on a friends bike and it worked a treat... ;)

Jase...

jonnydangerous
19-12-08, 04:00 PM
eeeeeeeeeeee bay? some panels go quite cheap on there............

Honda_Star
19-12-08, 04:06 PM
yep - always keeping an eye out..
my bike is yellow with bluey green decal on it so will be lucky if i come across someone breaking a bike with same colour scheme!

SupeRDel
19-12-08, 06:36 PM
Don't bother doing anything till you want too sell it.

Live with it for now.

BB
19-12-08, 07:01 PM
Good thinking Del, [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB