PDA

View Full Version : Back in the good old SIMPLE days!

SupeRDel
20-12-08, 08:50 AM
Working on an article for a classic motorcycle magazine and I came across this old photo that I took from 1978. Taken on the Lyneham to Calne road.

Enjoy! Life was so simple then

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/rr.jpg?t=1229762686

Dabz
20-12-08, 05:46 PM
by the looks of the bare trees it's either autumn or spring..yeh people are riding in short sleeved. Must be from before we had cold wet weather all year round!

FJ_Biker
20-12-08, 06:43 PM
Nice to see some 70’s pictures, I suspect Dutch Elm disease in the trees.

6T
20-12-08, 06:46 PM
yeh nice pic del, see your all wearing standard bike gear for the time ;D ;D Dabs your probably find the lack of leaves is down to the ravages of dutch elm desease it totally destroyed the hedge rows and changed our landscape forever :(Del the fairing on the rd was that a period fitment or an older one adapted for the bike?

Iceman
21-12-08, 12:44 AM
Ahh sweet memories! let me see, A Suzuki GS550, Yamaha RD250,Yamaha DT125, Suzuki GT250 Ram air and a mystery bike behind the Suzuki Gs!
The fairing on the RD looks naff by Todays standard.It's better without!

jonnydangerous
23-12-08, 08:43 AM
for sime of us those days are still here!!!! old classic (knackered!) bikes, out of fashion protective gear, and nasty tyres..... :-)

aaaaaaah THESE are the days.... ;-)

i think the bike thats hiding is a TS185er

jd. :D

Iceman
24-12-08, 12:31 AM
So the mystery bikes a Suzuki.I remember that trials bike now! I prefered the DT175 in a straight comparison. Loved the bikes in that era, probably because I was young and eveyone you knew rode a bike,whereas Today the majority of youngsters are into cars! Life just seemed so much fun then although looking back I'm surprised at the risks I took but I suppose that a young minds thing no different from Todays "pocket rockets". Age has a way of maturing your attitude and self preservation!lol
:D ;) ;D