PDA

View Full Version : Take it easy

jack930
22-12-08, 05:15 PM
On Sat i decided to go for a little ride out ,was in no rush ,and wasnt realy pushing on,untill i got stuck behind a slow moving truck,and after getting a face full of crap from his tyers,i decided to pass,only to get just past him and start getting a Tank Slapper,,OH MY GOD i thought this it is a trip to A+E on its way,But luckly i kept it upright,

This is just a warning to all Bikers ,(as i asume most will allready know,)
The road's are slippery Be Carefull all ,and happy riding ;)

KP
22-12-08, 06:10 PM
good advice mate, actually got out on mine at the weekend!!! first time in ages, luckily i never had anything like you, glad your ok mate :)

jack930
22-12-08, 08:02 PM
ninjazx6r ,,was that your zx in trowbridge today out side/or nr the tyer place ,,(sry dont know the place that well ) its by the big roundabout at tesco's

6T
22-12-08, 08:25 PM
sound advice jack,glad it never developed into anything worse.i tend to take it ultra steady on the old triumph when there are poor road conditions,modern bikes must give you a false sense security with better handling and tyres.

Iceman
24-12-08, 12:25 AM
Yeh! A wee bit scary I can imagine,espicialy with a lorry behind you! I had 2 'headshakes' a few months back both on the same stretch of road going to Sally's,each time while accelerating hard past some cars! Makes you think a bit more!lol take it easy!

;)

Rich86
31-12-08, 02:44 PM
I'll echo what is said here, be so careful, if like me you ride all year round, and your out on the roads at the moment, its rather bad on certain stretchs, i happened to be out monday coming back allington way, i got a nice face full of grit and a nice scattering all over me as the gritter went the opposite way, and even taking it easy on the second corner out of allington (well known for its killer corners) i ended up skidding on to the other side of the road due to excess grit, kept upright on the bike, but not a good place to be if there had been more traffic' back wheel basically skidded out right then left, so it was literally just a fight to keep control of her, and this is at slow speed folks, so if u see grit on the roads, be very aware- not biker friendly' ;)

KP
31-12-08, 03:39 PM
jack, it wasn`t my bike, mine is still undercover, waiting for it to warm up a little lol.

jack930
31-12-08, 09:20 PM
ok bud,,was up the other day havent seen it again !