PDA

View Full Version : California Bike School

Honda_Star
07-01-09, 09:29 AM
Has anyone been to California Bike School?

I had some vouchers for crimbo so will be booking myself in for the Spring. I have heard very good things about it so am looking forward to it in order to get my confidence up etc etc
:)

Dabz
07-01-09, 09:50 AM
BB did this a couple years ago :) One of the things I keep meaning to do when I have spare funds!

Honda_Star
07-01-09, 10:03 AM
yep - not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but def worth it from what i hear. Was thinking of booking it at silverstone as that appears to be the closest track

BB
07-01-09, 07:17 PM
Yes, I did level 1 at Silverstone and recommend it - it is expensive but I found it very good. 8-)

BB

RE03
07-01-09, 09:00 PM
If it comes recommended by you guys (cheers BB) rather than a sponsored mag (mention-this-and-you-journo-guys-can-have-a-few-days-free) type of thing that goes on, well...... I'm there :)

Prob. 7th Aug @ The 'Stone 8-)

It'll soon come round :( ;)

Davey
07-01-09, 09:20 PM
One of if not the best track schools about both in the UK and across the pond - tuition is spot on - really does make you realise what you've been wrong and improve so much.

Plus when you've done enough levels you can go on the drift bike :)

bazacasa
11-01-09, 06:49 PM
Hi just spotted this post - I am planning to do some training with these guys too this year - certainly Levels 1 & 2. Perhaps we can get a small group to go together - makes travel to/from less of an issue.

I have done Ron Haslam school for 600 and 1000cc Fireblades thats awesome but you just go fast without always knowing why ! Californian teaches you so you know what happens if you do different things.

:)

crewy
14-01-09, 05:04 PM
I have heard that the Ron Haslam race school is worth doing Baza, i plan to get along to one of these this year!! is it worth doing?

R1chie
14-01-09, 06:48 PM
CSS is definitely on my 'biking to do' list this year......as it is every year *ahem*

bazacasa
14-01-09, 07:58 PM
Hi Crewy I did the 600 one year and the fireblades the following year and I really enjoyed it - helped me no end as I had only passed test year before - on the 600cc on the day it tipped down all day and made my wet riding 200% better - fireblades were awesome as we passed the 600cc groups on outside and inside of bends and a rate of knots I didn't think I was capable of ! highly recommend both course, tho you have to do 600cc before they will let you loose on fireblades (which have data logging etc so they use that between sessions to analyse your ride and see how your improving on weak areas each session ;D

Scotty
14-01-09, 08:26 PM
I've heard mixed review from people doing Ron Haslam's school, some say great, others said not - like a friend who holds her own in the fast group on track (got the day as a pressie) and ended up paired with a guy who got up to 65 on the straights and 15 round the corners >:( - bit of a mis-match there. She complained and ended up getting racer and instructor Jon Kirkham to herself for the afternoon and had a good time.
Quite a few friends, both male and female, have done CSS and without exception absolutely raved about it - if you want some seriously good tuition I'd say that's the one to do. Unlike Baza's summary of the RH school you'll end up knowing an awful lot more about what you're doing and how and why you're doing it.
Just do it ok? ;)

Davey
14-01-09, 09:04 PM
I pretty mch agree with Scotty - having done both my money is with CSS. I found when I done the 1st RH school the track time was limited and lessons do bore me - though learnt some stuff impo it wasn't enough. 2nd timewas a bit better though due to more track time/ better tutition. But never looked back on CSS everything was great and the training was similar both sides of the pond(except yanks don't understand sarcasm)

crewy
18-01-09, 08:28 PM
Well i do plan to do 1 of these this year, so maybe i'll just end up doing both!! lol :o ;D :D