PDA

View Full Version : Trike MSVA test

flyingosca
22-01-09, 09:35 PM
Hi all, you may remember me posting on WBF usually in the technical help section as I have been trying to get my wrecked Yamaha xj900 trike put back together and through the dreaded MSVA test.

My thanks again to everyone who offered advice and information. I can't believe that its almost 2 years since I got my baby.

Anyway, thanks to a lot of great people I am happy to report that after failing the MSVA test last September on 6 very silly points, my baby passed last Tuesday and I am now just waiting for my new Reg from DVLA and I'll be on the road by spring and looking forward to attending a few of the rallies that I know happen down here.

My thanks again to everyone. Hope to see you out and about soon.

Larry - flyingosca

BB
22-01-09, 10:00 PM
Good to hear you finally got there! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Look forward to seeing it on the road sometime

BB

igbell
22-01-09, 10:30 PM
Yah well done sir, now maybe Amante might pull his finger out and get his trike on the road. :)

BB
22-01-09, 11:22 PM
Amante is playing with the electrics now, sounds like it will keep him quiet for hours days :D

BB

igbell
22-01-09, 11:24 PM
Yeah right, him and electrics....you know that long hair it will all be standing on its ends by next week ;D ;D

Hunar
23-01-09, 10:37 AM
Got any pics Larry?

flyingosca
23-01-09, 03:59 PM
I'll get some pics up asap guys. she needs a tidy up now she's legal!

igbell
23-01-09, 04:43 PM
What like a wash???
Cos if you are let me know and I will park mine alongside for a splash as well.... ;D ;D

flyingosca
23-01-09, 05:22 PM
hehehe yeah, a wash is on the list but I want to tidy up the wiring, polish the chrome, clean the engine etc. Can't let the side down y-know.

FJ_Biker
23-01-09, 07:18 PM
Congratulations, you finally made it

crewy
23-01-09, 07:21 PM
Polish your chrome!!! ::) Thunderbird told me he spent an evening in his garage polishing his big end!!! ;) :D

6T
23-01-09, 09:36 PM
Polish your chrome!!! ::) Thunderbird told me he spent an evening in his garage polishing his big end!!! ;) :D conrods crewy conrods ;) helps the oil flow you know ;) ;D

flyingosca
27-01-09, 09:38 PM
can anyone remind me how to post photo's on here. Something to do with photo bucket but I can't remember!!!

BB
27-01-09, 09:59 PM
It's all detailed in a sticky thread in the Members Gallery!

or follow the link!

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1155671730

BB

flyingosca
27-01-09, 10:39 PM
Thanks BB, the memory is going in my old age ;D

igbell
28-01-09, 10:42 AM
Yeah pictures please... ;)

Amante_271
28-01-09, 05:50 PM
Just to let you know "Graham" my trike is coming along fine, thanks to able assistance from T.Bird. The electrics are .... working... just and my hair is STILL on my head not bolt up right, ( :P to you Iggy!) altho there have been times when I could of pulled it out in frustration!

The slow puncture in the front tyre has been fixed with 2 new inner tubes (!) - long story, but Steve still owes me £7.50 for pinching the first one! But I will let him off for all his help.

Its now a case of tidying the electrics up, adjusting the rear brakes, - didnt read the manuel where it said not to adjust them wth the hand break on! Oops! That and a few other little jobs, the ones that usually take most time, and its off to get a MOT!! :o

See you down the Sally soon for the big unveil - bet it pIssEs down!!

crewy
30-01-09, 06:31 AM
You had best inform every member of the big unvailing!!! :)

6T
01-02-09, 08:09 PM
Just to let you know "Graham" my trike is coming along fine, thanks to able assistance from T.Bird. The electrics are .... working... just and my hair is STILL on my head not bolt up right, ( :P to you Iggy!) altho there have been times when I could of pulled it out in frustration!

The slow puncture in the front tyre has been fixed with 2 new inner tubes (!) - long story, but Steve still owes me £7.50 for pinching the first one! But I will let him off for all his help.

Its now a case of tidying the electrics up, adjusting the rear brakes, - didnt read the manuel where it said not to adjust them wth the hand break on! Oops! That and a few other little jobs, the ones that usually take most time, and its off to get a MOT!! :o

See you down the Sally soon for the big unveil - bet it pIssEs down!!yes some plonker buys a tube but didnt get it fitted at the shop ::)andrew ::)then couldnt find his tyre levers ::)andrew ::) ;D ;D

igbell
02-02-09, 10:37 AM
well in the words of Homer....Doh!!!!

flyingosca
02-02-09, 07:15 PM
Hi all,
I'm attaching 4 pictures of my baby, taken a week or so ago - prior to the clean up!! I'll blame the recent cold snap.

As soon as I can get out to clean her up you will get photo's of the results.

Hope you like my pride and joy - she's been a lot of trouble over the past almost 2 years.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/flyingosca/trike1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/flyingosca/trike2.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/flyingosca/trike3.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/flyingosca/trike4.jpg

JD, if you see this. I'm sending the MSVA trike info soon!

Thanks

Larry

igbell
03-02-09, 09:39 AM
Thats a nice Trike, to be honest I prefer these ones to the Car Trikes, you know Bettle back ends and such, I prefer the bike turned into a trike.

Well Done sir.

flyingosca
03-02-09, 07:00 PM
Thanks igbell, I appreciate that. I thought I'd never get there and a lot of thanks have to go to JB in Melksham who sorted a LOT of the problems for me last year.

I'm not bad on the 12v electrics but don't know which end of a spanner to hold - let alone a welding rod or anything complicated so again my grateful thanks to everybody on this forum who gave me tips and advice on my road to the MSVA test!!!

Rumour has it that the test classification is being changed this year to SVA and will cost in the region of £500 as opposed to the £95 I had to pay (plus £16 for the retest). Hope that isn't true, the Ministry just seem dead set on bleeding all riders and drivers dry.

fj_kev
03-02-09, 09:36 PM
nicely done thinking of doing one myself
good work :)

Carbonkid
03-02-09, 10:50 PM
That's a very cool looking trike M8. 8-)

crewy
06-02-09, 03:33 AM
Nice trike, looks like a lot of time was spent on it!

flyingosca
06-02-09, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys, its taken almost two years to get the trike rebuilt, fixed and thru the test. Looking forward to the spring now and a few rallies!