PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system

KP
06-02-09, 09:52 AM
Thinking about putting a pipe on my zx6r, does anyone know of cheap places that have them, or anyone got any advice on which one might be best for it, just think it needs to sound a little more throaty!! :) kev

jj
06-02-09, 02:33 PM
akrapovic or arrow are 2 of the best great build quality and good fit..

Pirate
06-02-09, 02:46 PM
Alright Kev, I have just put a Quill evo 2 titanium end can and link pipe on my zx9r and it has made a big difference the sound is awesome deep tone ( without baffle ) with the baffle still a deeper throatier sound than the standard and its road legal. The build quality and service i got from Quill was excellent and would recomend them [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
06-02-09, 07:21 PM
All depends on your price range (as the same with anything).

And is the system or just end can btw? (I know the title says system but you said pipe on your post)

Obviously you have your Arrow, Akraprovic and Yoshi's

I'd also add Arata to those and it is a top product and very underated IMO

Lower down the payscale.....I've heard some Scorpion cans and they do sound the business, however the looks aren't everyone's bag.

Check out Micron. Since they've gone bust there are some absolute bargains out there to be grabbed.

If you'd like more kwak opinions or pics have a look on www.mcnninjas.co.uk. There's plenty of picture whores on there given the opportunity ;)

Davey
06-02-09, 07:21 PM
two bros pipes sound and look lush on those - keegs used to have a carbon one on his comes with tail tidy too!

crewy
07-02-09, 03:12 AM
akrapovic pipes sound best on the 6!!! 8-)

KP
07-02-09, 03:19 PM
thanks for the advice peeps, its just the end can i wanted, and looking to spend around 250 notes on it, then there is the hassle of when i get it, i have to put it on, and its the underseat system on my bike :-/

R1chie
07-02-09, 04:22 PM
You might find a bargain on Fleabay mate if you're lucky.

I know a Akrapovic slip on can for the P7's was flogged the other week on the ninja forum for less that what you want to pay.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Davey
07-02-09, 08:42 PM
thanks for the advice peeps, its just the end can i wanted, and looking to spend around 250 notes on it, then there is the hassle of when i get it, i have to put it on, and its the underseat system on my bike :-/

its not that hard doing the underseat exhaust - I've done a few of the zx6r's - just a bit of a ball ache taking the whole rear end to bits but can be done in an hour

Dabz
08-02-09, 10:40 AM
When I swapped my remus for an aftermarket triumph can I got mine on ebay - perfect condition and only £60 (compared to the £280 Triumph wanted). Worth a look on ebay first!

KP
08-02-09, 11:42 AM
Cheers richie, and thanks guys for all the advice, will start looking now for a suitable can, not that the weathers great for going out and about at the moment :(