PDA

View Full Version : I give up on my bike

mcicy
28-02-09, 07:15 AM
I give in, no matter what i try I can't seem to get my bike running right, thought I had solved the problem but alas no its back.

The problem - when riding the bike starts to make a burbling sound on the right side and then starts to die lose accelleration as if no fuel is getting to that part of the bike.

At first I thought it was the common problem of carb icing and have been using Pro FST which helped and it run in the mornings and cold but the damn burbling is back and I am about to just sell the bike and stop wasting my cash on it. My final step is this monday where it will be going into the garage to have the carbs cleaned, if this doesn't work I think it'll have to go as I need something more reliable

Xenocide
28-02-09, 11:55 AM
Carb clean and rebuild is what i'd do :)

SupeRDel
28-02-09, 03:49 PM
Definately sounds like a fueling issue,

Would help to know wot bike it is

crewy
28-02-09, 06:11 PM
If it has 2 carbs have you callibrated them?

Mosser
28-02-09, 09:30 PM
Could be a coil breaking down, try swapping the coils over and seeing if the problem goes to the other side

igbell
01-03-09, 09:59 PM
Sounds like fuel / Carbs to me, or do you have a engine mang system fitted like a power commander?? has this gone screwy??

mcicy
02-03-09, 09:46 AM
The bike got dropped off this morning so they can check over and clean the carbs, also check the valve clearences, and the coils, lets just hope this solves the problem as the bike barely made it to the garage

No it doesn't have a power commander

Mosser
02-03-09, 11:17 AM
you should have seen if there was any interest in mechanically minded people popping round to have a look at it for you, another forum i visit regularly has bacon sarnies and coffee days where anyone with a problem with their car sets up a day for other members to come round and help fix it, and in return, the owner provides bacon sarnies and coffee whilst they are there

Its a good way to meet members, and gets problems sorted

mcicy
02-03-09, 03:09 PM
ooooh bacon day sounds like a great idea, decided on the garage in the end as both my dad and uncle, both bikers and mechanics can't seem to find the problem,

SupeRDel
02-03-09, 06:17 PM
Still don't wot bike we are dealing with.

As said above - most probably sounds like fuel starvation.

The old 80's Kawasaki GPZ900's used to have the same problem if you let the fuel get too low in the tank.

First things first - is the fuel actually getting to the carb quick enough on the side effected. If you stop and wait (engine off) will it then start and ride again for a bit

mcicy
02-03-09, 07:32 PM
Sorry its a ZX9R C2, its not a fuel too low fault as it does it when the tank is full too