PDA

View Full Version : Bit Steep

benobiker
02-03-09, 02:46 PM
I see that guy who was caught doing 100 odd mph has been sent to prison for six months. Whatever the recklessness of having your 14 yr old son on the back and doing that speed in the wet, is that amount of jail time really in relation to the so called crime??

I cant help thinking not! Is it just me or are speeding bikers being made an example of at the moment across the UK?

Not saying its correct to speed but recent news coverage seems to be showing things are getting out of hand in terms of jail time.

igbell
02-03-09, 03:41 PM
Oh you are having a giraffe now, six months for that, when I knew somebody that was sent away for 6 months for being involved in putting a football supporter in hospital for the rest of his life.

So you can nearly kill somebody and get 6 or speed a tad and get 6, this country has gone to pot.

Kevinb
02-03-09, 05:18 PM
The bloke was a bit of a muppet. His son didn't even have gloves or protective trousers on. I've seen a fair bit of this at GW and Fowlers, people turning up with kids on the back not dressed for the occassion.
Anyway 6 months is still rather excessive.
Just wondering if you put a 6 month old on the back would you be jailed for 14 years?

Cheers
Kev

jj
02-03-09, 05:31 PM
easy catch for the police makes there stats look good, god help them if they have to catch a real criminal....

igbell
02-03-09, 05:33 PM
Nah they cant do that, we had one round our way and the neighbour reported somebody looking iffy and then it took them 3 hours to respond, by that time he had broken into the Posties house behind and nicked what he wanted and buggered off....So why do we have them???

nickw
02-03-09, 06:07 PM
When I was riding back from Bournemouth yesterday, I went past Devizes Police station. They had a banner outside celebrating '170 years of policing ' It does make you wonder if they are doing it to keep the stats up, mind you 6 months inside is a bit steep too I think.

Scotty
02-03-09, 06:14 PM
And if he'd stolen the bike and ridden it like a twat, what would he get, a conditional discharge? I hope he appeals - just have a look in your local paper at the week's results from the Mag's courts, career crims and scrotes laughing at the system as they get a gentle slap on the wrist for making decent people's lives a misery - I need to get into politics I think, it's about time the Voice of Reason party got onto the map - our motto: Strength Through Anger... >:( who's gonna vote for me then?

hotdog
02-03-09, 10:13 PM
The police only caught him. A court sentenced him. I'm not a police officer and I also think the sentence is a bit steep but he is a complete muppet and if it serves to pass a message to others who do the same thing, then I'm all for it.

Regards,

jack930
02-03-09, 11:14 PM
Could of just given his a straight 9 points and £180 fine,
But to have a kid on the back at that speed with no kit is a bit silly,

A few year ago,a pal of mine was riding home from work early hours,doing around 90-115 on a duel carrige way with no traffic
when he passd a copper.

Only thing was the copper was chasing a stolen car doing about the same speed when he pasd.
And guess wot happend the copper stoped chasing the car and when after him :o

He ended up going to court,he got 3 months inside lost his licence,and lost his job,

Kevinb
03-03-09, 08:43 AM
I wonder if they will re look at all the people who have been speeding with their kids in their cars and jail them. I don't think they would have enough room?
Anyway I was behind a police car on Sunday from Warminster to the Trowbridge side of Westbury. He did pull over, but I kept checking in my mirror. I was so happy he didn't pull back out I almost cocked up the corner by the cement works. That T-shirt 'It's Sunday, get down on one knee and pray' seemed very apt.
Knee down, two up on an MT-01!

FJ_Biker
03-03-09, 12:48 PM
It’s all part of the Nanny state culture we have been drip fed by the government ;)

igbell
03-03-09, 12:50 PM
If they are going to drip feed me at least put some Whiskey or Caffine in it.... ;D ;D

FJ_Biker
03-03-09, 01:03 PM
If they are going to drip feed me at least put some Whiskey or Caffine in it....{

I think the government have made these class C drugs since they upgraded cannabis to class B

igbell
03-03-09, 04:06 PM
Pants....thats what I say

alanTDM
03-03-09, 05:57 PM
The A361 to Barnstaple got 2 speed cameras on it one about half way and the other just as you start to get near Barnstaple plus mobile ones. The road and weather conditions were bad + road spray etc,he got 6months prob cause he should of known better but prob do 2-3 months jail time,As for letting his 14 year old son get on the bike with hardly any decent protection aswell he was a total prat!riding at those speeds in the wet!

Iceman
03-03-09, 07:53 PM
Yeh, the riders made a bad decision regards pilion and speed but c'mon, 6 months??? 'They're out to get you!', another example of beurocrisy against bikers!

crewy
04-03-09, 12:56 AM
Me and thunderbird were chatting about this today in work, did he even get a ban???

schwee
04-03-09, 07:06 PM
He will have done I would imagine...at least until test passed

Iceman
11-03-09, 04:49 PM
The bloke should have known better but I agree 6 months is excessive and another attack at bikers in general!