PDA

View Full Version : insurance

barnster2004
10-03-09, 04:18 PM
just a quick one, has anybody any experience of MCE insurance,
good/bad let me know please, they have given a really low qoute and am thinking of going for it

igbell
10-03-09, 05:24 PM
Nope sorry

R1chie
10-03-09, 06:03 PM
I used them for my first bike and have now returned to them to insure the R1.

Always competitive quotes, but I have no experience of how good they deal with the headaches with claims etc

But tbh....I've never read a bad thing about them

schwee
10-03-09, 06:24 PM
If the quote was cheap, and it covered the basics, then I'd go with them regardless. Cost is more important to me than service most of the time.

Trist
10-03-09, 06:48 PM
I went with MCE last year.

I would advise against them as although they're very good at undercutting other insurers, they have a tendancy to make errors in the documents so going through and checking them is important as mistakes could make any claim void. Cancelling my policy was a task too.

I'm with Aquote / TheBikeInsurer now and haven't had any problems as such [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
10-03-09, 08:54 PM
Yeah! i am with MCE i am pretty happy with there service, very helpfull everytime i ring up to change insurance over to diff bikes etc, the only one issue i had was they never told me they get a loan for the payment in full then i had to pay a seperate company the repayments, but thats not really a problem [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
11-03-09, 12:32 PM
I am with MCE - not too bad bit of a nightmare with a claim though - will also charge a lot for any changes in policy and will still try to charge it if they screwed up

but then again they are cheap and I will probably go with them again

Ryan
11-03-09, 01:47 PM
Hopfully ill never need to claim with them fingers crossed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

crewy
11-03-09, 11:27 PM
I'm with them, best quote i had for my ducati by about £200, they cover everthing i wanted, and by taking out brakedown cover it worked out even cheapere?!?!? :) :) So cant be bad in my book!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]